Unpopular Opinion: I Like the New Farming RNG

PinkLed5

I don't mind the new mechanics. It was simply to easy in A17-A19 to build an infinite yield farm that you only had to mow every other day or so. The effort required was decidedly unequal to the reward. Replanting is barely harder unless you can't keep track of how many plots of each seed you need to replant. It's barely math and keeping one page in the inventory crafting open.

16 minutes ago, Urban Blackbear said:

I don't mind the new mechanics. It was simply to easy in A17-A19 to build an infinite yield farm that you only had to mow every other day or so. The effort required was decidedly unequal to the reward. Replanting is barely harder unless you can't keep track of how many plots of each seed you need to replant. It's barely math and keeping one page in the inventory crafting open.

That's true  about infinite yield farm but.. i think it will be better to left this "simple" in A17-A19 style. Random  harversting need in my opinion more complexed system - few fertinizer types, how far it is from water some plants prefer be near water some far etc.

But... not now. If 7dtd2 will be realased it will we be cool if this will be expended. 

@PinkLed5 farming is not gambling for years. We have books, algorithmes, better tools , better plaint varieties etc. 

Ofc zombie outbreak make a lot of things harder but still this is not gambling - it is like you are buying a  1$ lottery ticket and you have 100% chance to get at least 2$ dollars. So you just don't know how many you will win but still you always get more (except situation like zombie destroing your farming yield.)

If this was "7dtd medival" i could agree with you but now you have  enough "tools" to be effective.

I was OK with the new farming mechanic for a while, but now that I've reached the end game, I am very much against it. My biggest issue - it doesn't evolve at all.

I expect the food procurement to become easier and food to become more beneficial as the game stage progresses. As it stands right now, even with all the perks, it is easier for me to simply kill the animals and boil the meat than to grow corn/potatoes and make stews. The benefits of even the high level food are negligible. 

We have the same infinite resource as we did before, just with much more mindless clicking. If TFP wanted to make farming more difficult, they should have made farm plots *much* more expensive and/or gated with something rare, like acid. Adding more clicks is not the right way to do it.

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

That's true  about infinite yield farm but.. i think it will be better to left this "simple" in A17-A19 style. Random  harversting need in my opinion more complexed system - few fertinizer types, how far it is from water some plants prefer be near water some far etc.

But... not now. If 7dtd2 will be realased it will we be cool if this will be expended. 

@PinkLed5 farming is not gambling for years. We have books, algorithmes, better tools , better plaint varieties etc. 

Ofc zombie outbreak make a lot of things harder but still this is not gambling - it is like you are buying a  1$ lottery ticket and you have 100% chance to get at least 2$ dollars. So you just don't know how many you will win but still you always get more (except situation like zombie destroing your farming yield.)

If this was "7dtd medival" i could agree with you but now you have  enough "tools" to be effective.

Confession time: I was still mixing water blocks in with my farm plots because I thought they were required. All the way up until A20.