Dropped backpacks for storage containers

shae122

Has anyone had an issue with storage containers not dropping the contents if they are destroyed by collapsing? I accidentally made all of my writable storage boxes collapse and I noticed only my secure storage chests spawn a blue backpack while other forms of storage did not, which unfortunately cost me my run. Is this intended? If not, does anyone know of a modlet that patches this issue.

Edit: It seems like the class assigned to writable storage boxes (SecureLootSigned) does not behave like the secure storage chests and the regular storage boxes which have the class "SecureLoot". It seems like this can be fixed by changing the class value, but by default most containers do not drop backpacks if collapsed, including player created containers that have had their locks broken. This is due to most containers and broken secure containers having the "Loot" class, which does not generate a backpack if the containers has been destroyed via fall event, or collapsing. This seems to be hardcoded but I do not know if it's possible to just change the class value from "Loot" to "SecureLoot"

Furthermore, any container with the "SecureLoot" tag that hasn't been opened, such as POI locked containers, will not drop a backpack since the container has not yet generated loot.

Edited by shae122
More testing (see edit history)

Seems like you have a good start on a potential fix. Start a sandbox game on a pregen map and change the Class of the written storage to see what happens! It won't break anything in your real game; you can always just put the XML back how it was if it doesn't work out.