Questions on crafting and scrapping times

Red51

I prefer to play with 90 minute days, but this does not change the speed which plants grow, crafting and scraping rates, etc. I assume there are no universal multipliers that increase/decrease crafting, scrapping, food use, etc, correct?

I have found a few mods that change plant growth and food use and adjusted them to my needs, but none that slow crafting and scrapping.

So, how are crafting and scraping times determined for items that lack the 'craft_time' parameter?

Thanks!

I haven't done anything with scrapping, and I'm very new to modding, but for crafting time I added - craft_time="___" after - Count in the recipe to change the craft time.

so it ended up looking something like 

<recipe name="Item" count="1" craft_time="30" craft_area="workbench">

Hope that helps a little.

@kryzzkI do appreciate the reply, but I was already familiar with the craft_time attribute...

On 1/8/2022 at 8:01 PM, Red51 said:

So, how are crafting and scraping times determined for items that lack the 'craft_time' parameter?

Having someone familiar with this part of the XML offering some advise would have saved me some time experimenting and guessing.  I am slowly getting more familiar with the XML as well, but I am not quite there. I will set this little project aside for a bit and come back to it I guess.

sorry, I missed where you said lack the craft time parameter, thats what happens when you read too fast.

Without that, crafting time seems to be based strictly on the type and number of materials used in the recipe, so like with my mod that puts back the marksman rifle 1 ScrapPolymers as the only ingredient in the recipe and it will craft instantly, but 20 ScrapPolymers, 10 springs, 10 tape and 15 forgedsteel and it takes 4 min 9 seconds. 

Edited by kryzzk (see edit history)

Check out Weight in the items.xml file.  I recall someone mentioning in the past that Weight affected the amount of time to scrap items (though I could be remembering wrong).

Some examples

<item name="resourceRadiator">
    <property name="Material" value="MresourceScrapBrassLarge"/>
    <property name="MeltTimePerUnit" value=".4"/>
    <property name="Weight" value="250"/>
</item>

<item name="resourceFishingWeight">
    <property name="Material" value="MresourceScrapLeadSmall"/>
    <property name="Weight" value="5"/>
</item>

22 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Check out Weight in the items.xml file.  I recall someone mentioning in the past that Weight affected the amount of time to scrap items (though I could be remembering wrong).

Thanks BFT2020.