NPCMod and Addons

xyth

A19 was incredibly troublesome for Air Drops, and while A20 did get better, when something like that broke, it pretty much remained broken until a new world. Something in the world saves appeared to retain a bug and it wouldn't resolve regardless of changing frequency and so on. A21 and V1.0 so far have been good.

3 hours ago, arramus said:

A19 was incredibly troublesome for Air Drops, and while A20 did get better, when something like that broke, it pretty much remained broken until a new world. Something in the world saves appeared to retain a bug and it wouldn't resolve regardless of changing frequency and so on. A21 and V1.0 so far have been good.

Ok! One of these days I'll upgrade to A-21,  but it would take time with installing new update for NPC mods if I install it for my current laptop and then my other laptop for my relative. 😖😵‍💫 Plus, they don't want to change yet, since they haven't had much progress 😆

Anyway, thanks! I guess I can go without supply drops until I upgrade to A-21.

On 9/14/2024 at 6:51 PM, Marty2Live said:

While NPC Menu. What is exactly the different between?

GenericNPC_StayHere: Stay where you are standing"   The NPC stays on the place its standing when this command is issued.  

GenericNPC_GuardHere: Stay where I am standing"     The NPC moves to the place the player is standing when this command is issued.  

GenericNPC_GuardReturnHere: Guard and return to where I am standing"    The NPC stays on the place its standing , but is free to move to attack (think melee NPC guarding a gate), then returns to that spot after combat.

Oh.. and it is possible to prevent Hired NPCs or wandering NPCs from walking into the wooden spikes that have set up in front of the base, for example?  We have tried, they just seem to like spikes.  

Greetings and big thanks for the mod. :)

21 hours ago, xyth said:

Hello,

Many thanks for the explanation. :thumb:

At first I found the option “GenericNPC_StayHere” and “GenericNPC_GuardHere” strange.

Because when I face the NPC and “Speak > Command” with him, he is at most ~1 meter in front of me and then moved to my position with the “GenericNPC_GuardHere” option.
So this option serves more as a tool to determine the exact position.

Re: “GenericNPC_GuardReturnHere: Guard and return to where I am standing” is more of a comprehension problem. I had translated this with Google & DeepL.

Now Everything is clear. Then I now know what the options mean. :ranger:

And Harley is from the character is a righteous but evil (I have changed that for me personally that I can hire her and others) Still has a touch of a clone factory but hopefully more NPC will come into the mod also from other modders. :classic_smile:

spacer.png

Hi, i cant find discord link to report a bug, so:

I start a game works fine. When i close the game and restart from a save, the challanges goes bugged (missing almost of them and cant complete them) - tests game v1.0 and v1.1 b4 EXP. / 00_SCore-1.0.83.950

Thx

Ps. version 0-SCore-1.0.75.721 works good! I think something bugged in new challenge addon! (im not using this addon btw!)

Edited by Kava_BR
PS (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Kava_BR said:

Hi, i cant find discord link to report a bug, so:

I start a game works fine. When i close the game and restart from a save, the challanges goes bugged (missing almost of them and cant complete them) - tests game v1.0 and v1.1 b4 EXP. / 00_SCore-1.0.83.950

Thx

Ps. version 0-SCore-1.0.75.721 works good! I think something bugged in new challenge addon! (im not using this addon btw!)

I'm just checking this with an update to the latest version of 0-Score 1.0.83.950 from an older build update from 1.0.75.721.

Yes, I can confirm that multiple challenges are removed from the challenge screen, and custom quests are reset/rolled back.

For anyone considering an update, don't. Wait until you're ready to start a new World Save.

Just to confirm. Starting a new World with 1.0.83.950 is also causing loss of Challenges/Quests. It is not related to specifically updating, but also using this version. The creator is aware of the issue and it's being investigated. For now, refrain from using this version until it's resolved.

Testing with a new update to 0-Score version 1.0.86.1506 showed no initial issues with player Challenges when existing the game and coming back in again. With version 1.0.83.950 and Challenges related to Craft, Harvest, BlockPlace, UseItem, and Harvest are all being deleted. Other types of Challenge such as Meet, Wear, and Kill were totally fine...

Another issue is that this not happening to everyone. In fact, this was checked on a test playthrough without issue before being released with no obvious issues appearing. However, for some player, including my playthrough, the issue appears.

Unfortunately, once the damage is done, there is no undoing it because it is written to the player save rather than being a simple xml toggle like some other Quest types. The new Challenges feature is pretty rigid with a lot of hard coded elements, and things are still being learned about it. This is going to be unfortunate for those that updated to this build, and were the unlucky ones.

It was caught pretty early though, and thanks for the rapid feedback. Since I could also verify it, where others couldn't it also helped to show there are some localised factors which are not related to every body.

Time will tell on this update to 1.0.86.1506. It has been tested as viable for both V1.0 (b336) Stable and V1.1 (b4) Experimental.

Version 1.0.83.950 for some users, but certainly not all. This occurs when we leave the game to the menu or totally exit and rejoin.

spacer.png

1.0.86.1506 shows no loss in my case after leaving and rejoining, as that's when the player saves go through a playthrough update.

Additional feedback for those with this issue will be very welcome.

spacer.png