Electricity Wind Power

ocbMaurice

Small Mod re-using one of @xyth 's older models (thx)!

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1840
https://github.com/OCB7D2D/ElectricityWindPower

Has custom Harmony code, thus EAC incompatible!

Adds a modern and a rustic windmill to produce electricity from wind power.
Works the same as a solar power bank, but gets the energy from wind not from light.
Wind power isn't (yet) linked to biome weather, as I don't know how to sync it on a server.
Instead we completely simulate the wind speed and direction via 2d perlin noise sampling.

image.thumb.png.490200f6e33ad9271b284c75eb20977a.png

1840-1646986228-170390871.jpeg

Also works with my Electricity Overhaul Mod.

Further stats/recipe nerving might be needed ...

Darkness Falls Support 1. Sept 2022 (0.3.1)

• Introducing Darkness Falls compatibility (experimental)
  • Improving repairability in UL (only in maintenance station)
  • Add automated translations for 27 languages via DeepL

Undead Legacy Support 21. May 2022 (0.3.0)

• Introducing compatibility for Undead Legacy (experimental)
    Rename this mod to e.g ZElectricityWindPower to load after UL
  • Add German translations

All the best and good zombie hunting!

Edited by ocbMaurice (see edit history)

Is the github repo not set up yet? The ink just 404s. I usually download from github since its much easier to find everything in one place is why I was asking. The nexus link works though. Thanks for the work here. Looks quite interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello, i made several tests and it appears that the electricity stream is not constant, it cuts off constantly for a milisecond then turns on again. I connected it to a sensor and then a speaker which plays music and it goes on and off all the time and restarts the music. If i connect my setup to a normal battery, all work fine. So it must be sth with the streamoutput of the windmill. can you check it please?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for the late reply, just tested it with vanilla and only ElectricityWindPower mod and couldn't reproduce your case!?
You didn't state if you use any other mod (e.g. my electricity overhaul), so I didn't check much further.
Please give more info (logs are always needed for bug reports) or try to check what other mod might cause it!?
And yeah, make sure the windmill actually produces enough power for it, as you know, wind speed varies ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Repair options for UL has been reduced to only be possible via repair/maintenance stations (as that is how UL seems to work for repairing stuff). Although they should still be repairable like regular items via a repair kit in the backpack. Can you give some more info what exactly you are seeing, because that change is a change done due to another bug report that claimed it was too easy to repair ;) And yes, stuff is supposed to degrade with time, but I'd say it should only be after like one week until repair is needed.

On 9/15/2022 at 6:32 PM, ocbMaurice said:

Repair options for UL has been reduced to only be possible via repair/maintenance stations (as that is how UL seems to work for repairing stuff). Although they should still be repairable like regular items via a repair kit in the backpack. Can you give some more info what exactly you are seeing, because that change is a change done due to another bug report that claimed it was too easy to repair ;) And yes, stuff is supposed to degrade with time, but I'd say it should only be after like one week until repair is needed.

Repair station works but if someone reads the info for repair for the rustic it says wire is needed.

If they try and repair with wire in their inventory it starts causing errors in the game popping up the window. (screen shot included)

As for the degrading of motors hit poor condition in about 3 days rather then a week.

Roughly at 35% by the first 24 hours although it's not  even across the engines or stators.

This may have something to do with it showing up as a solar array rather the a windmill or that the stator in game are normally repaired with wire and there a problem with the windmill repair and the normal repair for those items

Modern windmills can have there engines repaired in the maintenance station of with repair kits without issue.

Degrading starts showing up after about quickly and around the 12 hours mark on the first day its roughly 20%

wind rustic.jpg

Sorry, but can't really reproduce (did a fresh install of a20.5 and UL with WindPower mod 0.3.1 from Nexus).
Please check you are using the latest (compatible) versions. And please always add a log file to any bug report.
It would already have answered several questions which are now open (which mods were loaded, versions used etc).

image.png

9 hours ago, ocbMaurice said:

Sorry, but can't really reproduce (did a fresh install of a20.5 and UL with WindPower mod 0.3.1 from Nexus).
Please check you are using the latest (compatible) versions. And please always add a log file to any bug report.
It would already have answered several questions which are now open (which mods were loaded, versions used etc).

image.png

I found the problem. Versions 3 of SphereII mod launcher is downloading the mod fine but for some reason its not downloading the updated version of it.

For some reason it thinks it's the latest and labels it so.  Once deleted and manually installed the repair issue goes away.

Still labelled as a solar array but that's just a name.

Have to check degradation to see if its correct in the update but it seems the bugs in the loader and not the mod

Edited by Magnus33john (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hi i got problem with UL. i use all ulm but seem it still error in block it show like this WRN XML patch for "blocks.xml" from mod "ElectricityButtonsPush" did not apply: <append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='ocbElectricityModernWindmill']" (line38 at pos3)

could you advise.

thank you in advance.