can you turn off special zombies?

speedbuump

First time being on the forum. I used to play with a mod about a year and a half ago that removed all special zombies and just boosted the number that could spawn. I was wondering if theres ever going to be an option to turn all special/unique enemies off and then just boost the amount of typical zombies. I've always liked just dealing with a horde of zombies over having to deal with a bit of fodder and a couple of actual threats. I like the idea of it being a battle of attrition. Did I craft/scavenge enough ammo? are my traps and defensives good enough? I want to deal with waves of mindless bodies just walking at me till I either survive or my base is just run over

2 hours ago, Krougal said:

Because of the way zombies are spawned probably not.

It involves making new lists, but it's easily modded at least.

I feel like my main problem is I havent seen a mod that works for this for the past few months. I wish this was a default toggleable option when making a new world so that my friends and I can feel like were in the typical zombie apocalypse where its just people turned into mindless eating machines that come after us in numbers instead of having "spitters" and bomb zombies. I just want to feel like we need to deal with overwhelming numbers and not special enemies.

So you're dealing with unrequited love for a zombie? I can help. 

IF you don't want the zombie in question to FEEL special to you anymore, and you've already tried trapping them in the basement of your base to see if anything clicks. I suggest you move to a new town, and using admin commands, spawn a bunch of the same zombie, and a bunch of bears. Watch as the bears tear your special friend away from your loving heart. Slowly, you'll become desensitized to the bloodshed, and that's when you know the zombie isn't special to you anymore.... Hope that helped.

PS: Use the spawn 25 command, but don't use the spawn facing you command, that'll just make the whole thing that much harder.

1 hour ago, speedbuump said:

I feel like my main problem is I havent seen a mod that works for this for the past few months. I wish this was a default toggleable option when making a new world so that my friends and I can feel like were in the typical zombie apocalypse where its just people turned into mindless eating machines that come after us in numbers instead of having "spitters" and bomb zombies. I just want to feel like we need to deal with overwhelming numbers and not special enemies.

I was going to suggest it until I looked at it, but the no feral/irradiated is an amateur hack; it's not a modlet, it's a straight-up entitygroups replacement. OP can do that himself if so inclined, and remove the cops and demolishers and whoever else while they're at it. It is not recommended to mod that way but in a pinch it works.

The increased spawning is JaxTeller718 who makes proper modlets. His mods are a good example to learn from if you want to get started into modding.