zombies spawning on sleeping bag

ChickenWings

Shouldn't this be a bug?  Wasteland insane level.  I started a camp on top of a Working Stiff building, only thing there is a sleeping pad, land claim block and a forge.  Couldn't figure out why at 2am a zombie appeared and killed me while I'm sitting there doing nothing but waiting until dawn.  I think they spawned.  I was under the impression that a sleeping bag prevents zombies from spawning within a set distance.  I did not have any torches planted, not enough resources.  Am I missing something?  Wouldn't be the first time lol

So, all I have to do is lure these zombies off the roof, easy enough, run away and come back after a bit of time and they are always there:

A20.0_2021-12-24_07-02-37.jpg

Edited by ChickenWings (see edit history)

funny you should pick the working stiffs as thats the one i chose to use for a base when i see it as well.

as katarynna stated you do have to clear ALL zombies from the poi before it is rendered safe enough from spawns in the covered radius.

i know i have a disadvantage over most players on one regard and that is, i know where all the spawns can be. next is not telling anyone how to play... just showing my normal way i do this poi and i enjoy it it that way and thats why i play the game... because i enjoy it.

0. dont worry about looting until done as the loot is not going anywhere.

1. kill the zed in one of the sheds on right side of parking lot.

2. climb up on the stone fence from trash dumpster (kill the ones you see in the back area in that spot only).

3. use 2-3 ladders or frames to get up on next roof (dont fall down or go on the small roof).

4. head left staying on top of orange roof til you get near the 3 in left front corner of roof (one may be a bird) (dont hop on the wall but lay down 2 blocks horizontal and crouch on them).

5. use bow while crouching to get a nice steady hit shot kill bonus (should be a one shot even without a perk).

6. break out your club or whatever you use because once you step on the main roof you will wake up the last dude/dudess that is hiding up behind the ac units on the highest roof section sometimes it can be a bird. (when high roof is clear place down your bedroll as it could be useful if you die below).

7. now traverse off of the orange roof to head thru the front door.

8. go thru front door and kill those that waken and attack (make sure you walk in the baths to be sure one did not get stuck.

9. go thru the floral/wire caged area clearing them out.

10. go thru the kitchenette/lunch room.

11. go out to the loading dock. (kill the 2-3 remaining zeds including the one in the trailer (he most likely comes out anyways for the party).

12. now go left up the ramp where you see a car and maybe one more zed.

13. go into the little office making sure its clear.

14. now go up the ladder (all should be safe now).

15. craft a hatch and place it on top of the ladder.

16. go to the highest roof and place down your claim block.

17. welcome to your new base.

18. oh, you can now go down the hole in the roof to loot the treasure room and open the door with the switch/keys. then you can loot the rest of the establishment.

i have never had any respawn in this poi and yes it is my normal way/path i do in it. but please feel free to do it as you wish.

:)

49 minutes ago, katarynna said:

Sleeping bag and land claim prevent sleeper respawns once you have completely cleared the poi.

Until the poi is cleared, they do not affect sleepers.

That's interesting about the clearing poi completely, did not know that.  Thanks!!

It's hard enough to even make to a city in wasteland on the first days, let alone try and clear out a big poi like that.  I will be picking a smaller initial base 🙂

Edited by ChickenWings (see edit history)

They used to have a logic that seemed to "count" the number of sleepers in the POI.  You could actually go in and out of the front door of one of the big towers, go far enough away from it, and then the zombies still in the "count" would respawn on the first floor.  It was a bit of a cheese to clean out the upper floors easily.  But I think that they quickly after this added some logic to not actually spawn the sleepers until you reached whatever floor or zone.

Yes - you cannot own it or claim it until it is completely cleaned out.

Edited by ckuebler (see edit history)