Alpha 20 stable RWG Dedicated server-two issues- No trader start quest and POIs disappear when approached-

ThouShallNotCamp

Hi all. I wiped my dedicated server today, hosted on Ping Perfect, that just a handful of friends and I play on. I created a RWG on my local game and uploaded it to the server. When my friend and I completed the starter quests, we got the Find trader: NO TRADER. Also, when they would approach a POI, it would disappear. 

I cleared all my old save files, etc. Regenerated a new world and uploaded it with the same issues. Is there any salvaging this world? I really love the layout! Or, any fix for this bug? 

Thank you!

Camp

Happens to me as well. I use pingperfect to host and buildings disappear and reappear when i go further away. Also, the terrain is super @%$#ed up it looks like a ruffles potato chip but with deep ridges. There is also floating water mountains that you can walk into and slowly swim up lol but yes only on server side. Locally it works fine.

Additionally, I just tried a pregen map and it did the same thing on the server. No trader and POIs disappearing. 

51 minutes ago, Alpha20sonofagun said:

Happens to me as well. I use pingperfect to host and buildings disappear and reappear when i go further away. Also, the terrain is super @%$#ed up it looks like a ruffles potato chip but with deep ridges. There is also floating water mountains that you can walk into and slowly swim up lol but yes only on server side. Locally it works fine.

Have they offered any input? I was not having this problem with my initial world with Alpha 20 experimental. But, we wiped today to try a new map and now it's a living nightmare.

Server host providers were installing A20 with A19 files mixed in. Once they figured that out, they now should all be working now. A streamer made a video of it and it was posted here and figured out. They never said if it was a Steam mistake or not but it did happen to multiple server providers so I suspect Steam.

1 hour ago, ThouShallNotCamp said:

Ping Perfect seems to have finally found the issue. I was advised to reinstall my RWG as I wanted it and everything appears to be working now. POIs do not disappear and I was given a trader to locate! Hope everyone can get this resolved, it is frustrating.

So it should be fixed now if I have it generate a new world? Excellent. 

We're you also having issues with terrain generation?

Edited by Phazr (see edit history)

Still a problem with ActiveGameHost. I click a button in their server console and it uninstalls/removes all files and pulls fresh (I don't know where from). But just doing a basic navezgane world  I still have no trader and POI disappearing upon approach. Any ideas here? I put a support ticket in with them but so far they just say. "I have no idea what else could fix this issue then"

10 hours ago, Steve_Smash117 said:

Still a problem with ActiveGameHost. I click a button in their server console and it uninstalls/removes all files and pulls fresh (I don't know where from). But just doing a basic navezgane world  I still have no trader and POI disappearing upon approach. Any ideas here? I put a support ticket in with them but so far they just say. "I have no idea what else could fix this issue then"

Tell them to throw away their old game files and redownload the complete game again.

If they don't believe you then play such a borked world and post the logfile (through pastebin) in this thread. If there are error messages in the logfile that could only be generated with A19 files in there you can show them that proof.

I ended up cancelling my account with activegamehost as it still wasn't working right and they claimed reinstalling the server files would resolve the issue and pull new files from steam. This was not the case. I setup a new server with ping perfect, in minutes it was setup and worked great. Problem solved.

I don't know how PP exactly works, i.e. what parts they manage and what parts the user can do, but here is a checklist for servers and clients I wrote a few days ago:

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/26332-alpha-20-experimental-dedicated-server-update-error-please-help/?do=findComment&comment=457476

Do all the steps for the server and your client that you can do. Everything else (like the redistributable which you surely can't install on PP) has been probably done by PP already as other users seem to have reported that PP works now

I am still having the same issues with ping perfect. @%$#ed up world gen and no trader and disappearing POIs. I'm about to just cancel my service and say @%$# it. 

Theyre support basically just said it's alpha, you just have to wait for the devs to fix it.... even though this seems to be a server side issue...

I have tried removing all files on my end, and removing all created saves and worlds in the ping perfect files.

It's driving me insane. Bought the server the day a20 went stable and haven't been able able play since. 

23 hours ago, AlCantHang said:

Here's what I did to fix on Ping Perfect:

1: Stop the service

2: Go the Actions tab (not the services tab)

3: Click the reinstall button

4: Restart the service

That's what I needed to reset the entire server but worked after that.

I'll try that and cross my fingers. Appreciate it!