zombies seem to have extreme reach after last patch (a20)

RichyYoung

as title says, after last patch, although though I technically started a new pregen10k seed with same settings as before.  except now the zombies seem to be able to hit you from very far away.  i cant even use knife anymore.. yet before that patch it was fine.  its almost like the don't even animate yet i receive damage.   we are persisting but its extremely annoying when you get hit from so far away.  ie they can hit you but you cant reach them.

It has always been an issue while playing a multiplayer game but I agree that it seems worse with A20. I’m primarily a melee player and it seems I’m getting hit from 6 feet away. In fact, if the zombie and I swing simultaneously, the zombie hits while I miss. Now the question is whether it’s zombie reach or if it’s netcode. I don’t think it’s nearly as bad when you play single player. I know the developers are aware of it, I just figured it was a low priority problem that will eventually get fixed. Still, it doesn’t stop me from yelling “NO F***IN’ WAY YOU COULD HIT ME!!!” lol

You're right.  I recently downloaded a modlet that shortens the zombies' reach.  It works fantastic and it's server side only.  This is the post from which I obtained it.  It seems you have to download them all but you only need to install the enemy reach shortener one.  Good luck :)

i mean, when i loaded up the server on my client and did a a20 play through it seemed fine, its now only since setting up a nitrado dedicated (i brought the best they offered) that the zombies seem to have such extreme reach / hitting when they are not even swinging.   so yes i assume its a multiplayer related issue, but its really in your face, noticeable as soon as i loaded into dedicated.  for all players.   

unless funpimps are playing solo only and everyone else for that matter i cant see how everyone that has a dedicated setup isn't complaining about it, it really spoils the experience if you die to hits you can not see.   

if it isnt happening on every single dedicated then i was hoping for info on settings changes etc to make things better.   other than trying to re role the save game "hopeing" it sorts it.

14 hours ago, TheBearX said:

You're right.  I recently downloaded a modlet that shortens the zombies' reach.  It works fantastic and it's server side only.  This is the post from which I obtained it.  It seems you have to download them all but you only need to install the enemy reach shortener one.  Good luck :)

do you know where abouts i install that reach modlet ? it didn't have any install information with it.

Edited by RichyYoung (see edit history)