Quest Tier Reset

BunnyofDeath

My quest tiers have been reset twice now. When it happened at tier 2, I didn't realize it and just did quest after quest being sent to trader after trader before I realized I was doing only tier 2 quests and was never sent out of the snow biome. I had to manually leave the snow biome, find the desert biome and then I would start getting tier 3 quests. I was eventually sent to the burnt forest for tier 4 quests. After a couple of tier 4 quests I was given tier 1 quests instead. Has this happened to anyone else?

18 hours ago, BunnyofDeath said:

My quest tiers have been reset twice now. When it happened at tier 2, I didn't realize it and just did quest after quest being sent to trader after trader before I realized I was doing only tier 2 quests and was never sent out of the snow biome. I had to manually leave the snow biome, find the desert biome and then I would start getting tier 3 quests. I was eventually sent to the burnt forest for tier 4 quests. After a couple of tier 4 quests I was given tier 1 quests instead. Has this happened to anyone else?

Were you at a "new" trader or the same one because in alpha 20 every trader resets you to tier 1 unless they are the same trader i.e if you started with trader joel and your next trader was trader rekt you would start back at tier 1 quests but if your next trader was another trader joel you progress on to tier 2 quests

3 minutes ago, Whiteshark68 said:

Were you at a "new" trader or the same one because in alpha 20 every trader resets you to tier 1 unless they are the same trader i.e if you started with trader joel and your next trader was trader rekt you would start back at tier 1 quests but if your next trader was another trader joel you progress on to tier 2 quests

This!  Unlike previous versions, where your rep was "shared" across all traders, in A20 your rep is pre-trader-location.  I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not, but its consistent so far.  Every new trader I get to, I start over at T1.  I thought I even had to start over going from Rekt to Rekt, but maybe I just hadn't progressed up Rekt 1 before I went to Rekt 2.  I'll pay attention next time.

Edited by stample (see edit history)