A20-b231 World generator throws an exception.

aspenforest

When trying to create a new world using 4096 as the map size, the game throws the following error:

ArgumentOutOfBoundsException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: Index.

The map generation halts and the user is able to return to the previous screen using the Esc button. Other map gen config settings don't seem to alter the result.

I'm sorry but how are you generating your maps? When I'm trying to make one, the smallest size of map is 6k, there isn't 4k option there and I assume the 6k is now the smallest map that can be created. Try with 6k map and let us know did you succeed or had the same issue.

Weird, I did a game restart and now the generator starts fine, but crashes at creating towns (at 4096). And the game is frozen.

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Sefiros said:

I'm sorry but how are you generating your maps? When I'm trying to make one, the smallest size of map is 6k, there isn't 4k option there and I assume the 6k is now the smallest map that can be created. Try with 6k map and let us know did you succeed or had the same issue.

Main menu -> New game -> New random world -> Advanced Generation. 

There still exists an option to select 4096 world size. 6K map gen works fine.

Edited by aspenforest (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, aspenforest said:

There still exists an option to select 4096 world size. 6K map gen works fine.

Ah I didn't went to advanced options but from what you posted it seems A20 RWG doesn't work with 4k anymore and thats why the new smallest pregen map for A20 has 6k. Navezgane is also a 6k map and by reading the error from first posts we can see that index has a range of 6k to 10k(?) and 4k is out of the index range. Remember that we are playing experimental version and the devs could miss this one.

2 hours ago, Sefiros said:

Ah I didn't went to advanced options but from what you posted it seems A20 RWG doesn't work with 4k anymore and thats why the new smallest pregen map for A20 has 6k. Navezgane is also a 6k map and by reading the error from first posts we can see that index has a range of 6k to 10k(?) and 4k is out of the index range. Remember that we are playing experimental version and the devs could miss this one.

Therefore would it not be reasonable to create these bug reports so that the devs could notice the problem and fix it?

2 minutes ago, aspenforest said:

Therefore would it not be reasonable to create these bug reports so that the devs could notice the problem and fix it?

Devs are humans too and tend to do mistakes, by making a bug report like this you help a lot.