QOL mods

Zyamaia

Seeing as how I know nothing on how to make mods I was wondering if any of you outstanding modders out there could create a mod to do the following.  Obviously they'd be separate mods.  

The first is a meat spoiler you put say raw meat and nitrate and "cook" it with wood or coal and it spoils the meat.  With the changes to farming spoiled meat is in great demand and short supply.

The second is a simple block that you make with the simple word of searched.  I'd think wood and paint and possibly a few nails for the recipe would suffice.  Not sure if anyone wants to go full out and make an actual sign that says that instead of a block but hey whatever works.  With the INSANE amount of POIS now and with me having the memory of a gold fish I can't remember what I've searched and what I haven't.  This would help out lots. 

If you mean spoiled meat as in rotting flesh that is very easy to do and is essentially one bit of code added to recipes.xml

<recipe name="foodRottingFlesh" count="1" craft_area="campfire" craft_tool="toolCookingPot">
			<ingredient name="foodRawMeat" count="1"/>
			<ingredient name="resourcePotassiumNitratePowder" count="5"/>
			<!--<ingredient name="resourceWood" count="5"/>-->
			<!--<ingredient name="resourceCoal" count="5"/>-->
		</recipe>

This basically uses the campfire to "cook" 1 raw meat and 5 nitrate powder into 1 rotting flesh

Not sure if you meant wood and coal as an ingredient or not but I added them anyway just commented out.

For the second one, you would have to create a simple block in something like Unity, then create an item for it in the xml.

However, a much easier way to do it would be maybe using a block from the game anyway and painting it a certain colour? If the only purpose to so you know what you have and haven't searched creating a new block seems a bit much too work.

Perhaps you could use writable storage boxes and put something like "Searched, day 8"?

Edited by poly (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Zyamaia said:

Seeing as how I know nothing on how to make mods I was wondering if any of you outstanding modders out there could create a mod to do the following.  Obviously they'd be separate mods.  

The first is a meat spoiler you put say raw meat and nitrate and "cook" it with wood or coal and it spoils the meat.  With the changes to farming spoiled meat is in great demand and short supply.

The second is a simple block that you make with the simple word of searched.  I'd think wood and paint and possibly a few nails for the recipe would suffice.  Not sure if anyone wants to go full out and make an actual sign that says that instead of a block but hey whatever works.  With the INSANE amount of POIS now and with me having the memory of a gold fish I can't remember what I've searched and what I haven't.  This would help out lots. 

Hi Zyamaia

Here is the mod for the meat:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/thn9kkcj4xp8j7v/GK_Spoiled_Meat.rar/file

I will put it on my mods page anyway.
Edit. Hey poly, will you share your cane mod and others, it would be great.
Regards

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)

Thank you guys very much for your help, and yeah the block idea was a pipe dream but I was hoping LOL.  

21 hours ago, poly said:

If you mean spoiled meat as in rotting flesh that is very easy to do and is essentially one bit of code added to recipes.xml

<recipe name="foodRottingFlesh" count="1" craft_area="campfire" craft_tool="toolCookingPot">
			<ingredient name="foodRawMeat" count="1"/>
			<ingredient name="resourcePotassiumNitratePowder" count="5"/>
			<!--<ingredient name="resourceWood" count="5"/>-->
			<!--<ingredient name="resourceCoal" count="5"/>-->
		</recipe>

This basically uses the campfire to "cook" 1 raw meat and 5 nitrate powder into 1 rotting flesh

Not sure if you meant wood and coal as an ingredient or not but I added them anyway just commented out.

For the second one, you would have to create a simple block in something like Unity, then create an item for it in the xml.

However, a much easier way to do it would be maybe using a block from the game anyway and painting it a certain colour? If the only purpose to so you know what you have and haven't searched creating a new block seems a bit much too work.

Perhaps you could use writable storage boxes and put something like "Searched, day 8"?

Sorry I was unclear, yeah the coal/wood was the fuel source in case it was to be made into an actual workstation.  Thanks for the recipe.

23 hours ago, Gouki said:

Hi Zyamaia

Here is the mod for the meat:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/thn9kkcj4xp8j7v/GK_Spoiled_Meat.rar/file

I will put it on my mods page anyway.
Edit. Hey poly, will you share your cane mod and others, it would be great.
Regards

Hi Gouki,

Which mod do you mean? I am currently working on 2 mods at the moment - one is Alchemy (potions with buffs), which is almost ready for release and the other is a mod which adds extra plants to the game, but I'm waiting to redo a POI for that one

Great idea OP, I changed the supplied recipe slightly to make it seem less cheat-e to me, which is increasing craft time and resource cost, also adding the chemistry station version which is slightly more efficient. In real life as the flesh rots it dries out decreasing the mass, so I thought it makes more sense to require more input meat to get a single rotting meat.

<recipe name="foodRottingFlesh" count="1" craft_area="campfire" craft_tool="toolCookingPot" craft_time="60">
            <ingredient name="foodRawMeat" count="8"/>
                    <ingredient name="resourcePotassiumNitratePowder" count="40"/>
        </recipe>

<recipe name="foodRottingFlesh" count="6" craft_area="chemistryStation" craft_time="40" tags="chemStationCrafting">
        <ingredient name="foodRawMeat" count="6"/>
        <ingredient name="resourcePotassiumNitratePowder" count="20"/>
      </recipe>

22 hours ago, poly said:

Hi Gouki,

Which mod do you mean? I am currently working on 2 mods at the moment - one is Alchemy (potions with buffs), which is almost ready for release and the other is a mod which adds extra plants to the game, but I'm waiting to redo a POI for that one

Hi Poly

It is the mod of extra plants for the game.
Regards