Craft magazines, fast plant growth, less wasteland rubble and more (updated for 1.0)

pahbi

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, KeithFromCanada said:

FWIW, water filters should also require coal, as they use 'activated carbon' in real life.

I don't want to have to many ingredients, I'll replace the paper with coal.

Edited by pahbi (see edit history)

On 7/11/2024 at 5:33 PM, nika said:

Can we get a craftable painkillers mod?  great work :) 

Sure

In the meantime, I modded vitamins so that they cure the daily quest limit debuff.

On 7/7/2024 at 5:58 PM, pahbi said:

Added less wasteland rubble modlet.

Greatly reduces cinderblock and ironbeam debris in wasteland, making the biome much more drivable.

This only works with newly created maps, however.  :(

Enjoy

I apologize for the confusion.

All modlets seem to work with 1.0.

The only modlet that 1.0 really broke was the craft quality 6 modlet, and I removed that from the repo.

I *believe* all of the modlets except craft magazines and books and craft signs would work with A21.

I will go and revisit the front page and the repo and see if there is someway to make things more clear.

Thanks for the clarification. Thank you also for your efforts. :)

16 hours ago, pahbi said:

Sure

In the meantime, I modded vitamins so that they cure the daily quest limit debuff.

Hello, thanks for all mods

i tried the mod for debuff limit quest, but I have some issue, so the vitamin work well remove the buff on the screen, but from this time I used, my quest is stuck at tiers 1.

I did 13 quest tiers1 and never happends to finish the quest T1 to move to tiers 2.

Did you saw this bug too ?

1 hour ago, marcou44 said:

Hello, thanks for all mods

i tried the mod for debuff limit quest, but I have some issue, so the vitamin work well remove the buff on the screen, but from this time I used, my quest is stuck at tiers 1.

I did 13 quest tiers1 and never happends to finish the quest T1 to move to tiers 2.

Did you saw this bug too ?

Yeah, I had the same bug.  :(

I'm guessing the debuff is just a indicator for some in game variable that we don't have access to.

I exited the game, and set the 24 hour cycle to 10 minutes and waited for 4am to roll around, and everything started working as normal, so at least there is no permanent damage.

I need to either figure out how to really remove the daily quest limit or just remove the modlet, otherwise its going to be confusing.

28 minutes ago, pahbi said:

Yeah, I had the same bug.  :(

I'm guessing the debuff is just a indicator for some in game variable that we don't have access to.

I exited the game, and set the 24 hour cycle to 10 minutes and waited for 4am to roll around, and everything started working as normal, so at least there is no permanent damage.

I need to either figure out how to really remove the daily quest limit or just remove the modlet, otherwise its going to be confusing.

Thanks for the tip.

I set like you said and yes i can get Tiers 2 , but no reward regarding Tiers1 finished.

Just started a test world for *curequestLimit* and noticed the same, that it removes the "debuff" but it doesn't actually allow you to gain quest progression when you turn in the next quest.  The quests are still marked with the debuff icon.

You should remove the Mod "Cure Quest Limit" as soon as possible from the Mod page until you resolve this error since it doesn't actually do what it's intending to do. 

Otherwise you'll have more people trying out this mod and seeing that it doesn't work.  No offense but in essence, wasting their time.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, QATester said:

Just started a test world for *curequestLimit* and noticed the same, that it removes the "debuff" but it doesn't actually allow you to gain quest progression when you turn in the next quest.  The quests are still marked with the debuff icon.

You should remove the Mod "Cure Quest Limit" as soon as possible from the Mod page until you resolve this error since it doesn't actually do what it's intending to do. 

Otherwise you'll have more people trying out this mod and seeing that it doesn't work.  No offense but in essence, wasting their time.

Yeah, I'm gonna do that right now, I can't find anything to actually remove the limit at this point.

There is a setting that allows you to change the daily limit from 3 to 8 or unlimited. 

I wonder if a modlet can make a vitamin that sets the players configuration to unlimited?  Though I guess that would only work for solo players.

Server admins will need to set the quest limit at the server level I guess.

The default value for this should have been unlimited, its stupid to think people playing solo games would want a quest limit in an open world sandbox game.

Edited by pahbi (see edit history)

23 hours ago, pahbi said:

Yeah, I'm gonna do that right now, I can't find anything to actually remove the limit at this point.

There is a setting that allows you to change the daily limit from 3 to 8 or unlimited. 

I wonder if a modlet can make a vitamin that sets the players configuration to unlimited?  Though I guess that would only work for solo players.

Server admins will need to set the quest limit at the server level I guess.

The default value for this should have been unlimited, its stupid to think people playing solo games would want a quest limit in an open world sandbox game.

I'm fairly sure that some of these bad design decisions are due to the impending console release.  Something something Xbox, something something PlayStation. 

PC based content games pretty much always suffer from when development leans in the direction of making the game compatible for consoles, even sometimes the fundamental game mechanics can be altered for a variety of reasons. 

This change likely had something to do with artificially increasing the duration of played game time.  ie. slowing progression to increase the overall playtime.  Which is probably linked to some kind of software developer metric that investors look at to determine the overall success of a game and future investment risk. (for game projects from The Fun Pimps in the coming years.)

Console bad Mkay? At least for PC users.

Hey pahbi! Regarding the craftable water filter modlet - it technically works in 1.0, but in 1.0 the filter is no longer needed for crafting a dew collector, and is instead a tool added to it.  resourceWaterFilter still exists and your mod still works to let it be crafted, but it has no use now. You might want to change it to allow crafting toolDewFilter instead, which is the new water filter tool for the dew collector.

On 7/28/2024 at 3:23 PM, Canaa said:

Hey pahbi! Regarding the craftable water filter modlet - it technically works in 1.0, but in 1.0 the filter is no longer needed for crafting a dew collector, and is instead a tool added to it.  resourceWaterFilter still exists and your mod still works to let it be crafted, but it has no use now. You might want to change it to allow crafting toolDewFilter instead, which is the new water filter tool for the dew collector.

ooooo I didn't even notice that.

Thanks for catching that, I'll get to it tonight or tomorrow.  :)

• pahbi changed the title to Craft magazines, fast plant growth, less wasteland rubble and more (updated for 1.0)