Shape frame blocks & old helper variant Blocks

Hi all.
Simply speaking I own server for 7DTD, me and most of players who plays there do not like new system of "shape variant blocks" where you can craft everything for the same amount of resources & and hold all building materials just in one item/slot. If we simplify the game more and more soon we will have teens prefab homes to build just from one item :D
We do not like it at all.
Because I was modding a lot with recipes and other stuff, ppl asked me to repair some things in new A20. I am on vacation now so I have spent whole day to try bring back some recipes and crafting logic (not everything for same price of resources), but I have some problems which I can not solve. For me, it seems now that new construction of recipes, shape blocks and block.xml makes adding new things much more difficult and problematic. Some things seems to be impossible to change 😕

For example we decided that "WoodShapes" block is too cheap in resources so I have changed it:
FILE: recipes.xml
<recipe name="frameShapes:VariantHelper" count="1">
    <ingredient name="resourceWood" count="9"/>
    <ingredient name="resourceNail" count="4"/>
    <ingredient name="resourcePaint" count="20"/>
</recipe>
it works fine.

Now it is time to add some wood objects into old "BlockVariantHelper" to have little cheaper simple things to craft as other recipe like WoodFrame.
I have added to recipes.xml & blocks.xml

recipes.xml

<recipe name="WoodFrameBase" count="1">
    <ingredient name="resourceWood" count="4"/>
</recipe>

blocks.xml

<block name="WoodFrameBase">
    <property name="Extends" value="woodFrameBlock"/>
    <property name="CustomIcon" value="woodFrameBlock"/>
    <property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>
    <property name="DescriptionKey" value="blockVariantHelperGroupDesc"/>
    <property name="ItemTypeIcon" value="all_blocks"/>
    <property name="SelectAlternates" value="true"/>
    <property name="PlaceAltBlockValue" value="woodFrameBlock,woodFrameRamp,woodFrameArch,woodFrameCNRFull,woodFrameCNRInside,woodFrameCNRRampFiller,woodFrameGableInvertedHalf,woodFrameGableInvertedQuarter,woodFrameGableInvertedSteep,woodFrameGableQuarter,woodFrameHalf,woodFrameQuarterCNR,woodFrameQuarterCNR3Way,woodFrameQuarterSCtr,woodFrameQuarterTeeSCtr,woodFrameWedge,woodFrameWedgeCNRInsideBottom,woodFrameWedgeCNRInsideSteepBase,woodFrameWedgeCNRInsideSteepTop,woodFrameWedgeCNRInsideTop,woodFrameWedgeCNRSteepBase,woodFrameWedgeCNRSteepTop,woodFrameWedgeIncline,woodFrameWedgeStairs,woodFrameWedgeTipCNRFullBottom,woodFrameWedgeTipCNRFullTop,woodFrameWedgeTipStairs"/>
    <property name="PickupJournalEntry" value="shapeMenuTip"/>
</block>

It is working fine too.

But when started to working over cobblestone/flagstone and concrete blocks problem came.

Wanted to add recipe to craft concrete block variant helper  and new block in blocks.xml

so,

recipes.xml

<recipe name="ConcreteBlockVariantHelper" count="1" craft_area="cementMixer" tags="cementMixerCrafting">
    <ingredient name="resourceConcreteMix" count="10"/>
</recipe>

+

blocks.xml

<block name="ConcreteBlockVariantHelper">
    <property name="Extends" value="concreteBlockTrimQuarterCornerInside"/>                 ----value name maybe not correct, I tried value="concreteBlock" "pouredConcreteBlock"
    <property name="CustomIcon" value="concreteBlockTrimQuarterCornerInside"/>          ----value name maybe not correct, I tried value="concreteBlock" "pouredConcreteBlock"
    <property name="DescriptionKey" value="blockVariantHelperGroupDesc"/>
    <property name="ItemTypeIcon" value="all_blocks"/>
    <property name="SelectAlternates" value="true"/>
    <property name="PlaceAltBlockValue" value="woodFrameRamp"/>                                 ----woodFrameRamp just for tests but can not recall any of concrete blocks

</block>

Here problems come, I do not know where to find proper name of concrete blocks to recall, I have tried many some on names which I found on xml files and icon naming. Game can not get it, how no idea why and how blocks are handling now. Shapes.xml did not give me answer at all.

Edited by Fair Player [PL] (see edit history)

It seems that concrete objects does not exist any more from  even crative menu.
To test concrete blocks I used working recipe for wood but in <property name="PlaceAltBlockValue" insted of value="woodFrameBlock,woodFrameRamp,woodFrameArch,woodFrameCNRFull.....

I gave value="pouredConcreteBlock"      ----tried many other naming

Effect? Working recipe has stopped working

Ok I know what causes problems. In blocks.xml they removed for example this what was looking in A19 like this:
<block name="pouredConcreteRamp">
    <property name="Extends" value="pouredConcreteMaster"/>
    <property name="Shape" value="New"/>
    <property name="Model" value="ramp"/> <property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted"/>
    <property name="SortOrder2" value="0200"/> <!-- SortShape -->
    <property name="UpgradeRated.ToBlock" value="concreteRamp"/>
</block>

In new A20 those blocks like concrete ramps, Arches and teens more has been removed, so we can not import/recall objects.
WoodFrameHelper recipe works perfect because in A20 blocks.xml objects like "woodFrameBlock,woodFrameRamp,woodFrameArch,woodFrameCNRFull,woodFrameCNRInside,woodFrameCNRRampFiller,woodFrameGableInvertedHalf,woodFrameGableInvertedQuarter,woodFrameGableInvertedSteep,woodFrameGableQuarter,woodFrameHalf,woodFrameQuarterCNR,woodFrameQuarterCNR3Way,woodFrameQuarterSCtr,woodFrameQuarterTeeSCtr,woodFrameWedge,woodFrameWedgeCNRInsideBottom,woodFrameWedgeCNRInsideSteepBase,woodFrameWedgeCNRInsideSteepTop,woodFrameWedgeCNRInsideTop,woodFrameWedgeCNRSteepBase,woodFrameWedgeCNRSteepTop,woodFrameWedgeIncline,woodFrameWedgeStairs,woodFrameWedgeTipCNRFullBottom,woodFrameWedgeTipCNRFullTop,woodFrameWedgeTipStairs"

exists. For Concrete and many more, they are removed. There is to possibility to make recipe for "concrete ramp" because those objects does not exist in blocks.xml
Omg disaster, :(

Dammed simplifications of the game, to have all blocks in one slot and use same amount resources to all shapes 😕

Agreed. I miss the complex upgrade paths & variety in building materials. After a quick play in blocks.xml it seems they did remove some of the textures.

It might be possible to add them back in using V's texture array mods. But i'm not sure how to do it (yet)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/19/2021 at 7:25 PM, basilvaultman said:

The shapes editor does not have custom-made custom filters for shapes. And it greatly worsens the interface. I'm preferred favored shapes in a separated tabs.

Oh, God heard my requests! A year and a half has passed, and the desired feature is in the game! Favored shapes, welcome!