Any Multiplayer servers with Vanilla settings?

RyanX

Over time, I've watched the multiplayer servers gravitate to making the game easier with things like increased XP, increased loot spawn, teleports, lowered difficulty, in game currency etc.   Not sure why this is a thing because the game is easy enough without this stuff.  Maybe because they think folks will want to donate to them for the extra teleports, protected areas, and in-game currency to buy a Super Auger?  Even with difficulty raised, they seem to keep in the teleports, protected areas, and other nonsense.  What perks could be offered to solicit donations without becoming "pay-to-win"?  Mods can be ok, like additional POI's (although most look blocky and cheesy), or things like extra recipes, new zombie types (although some servers have really buggy ones)...but giving some players advantages for paying money?  Count me out.  I'll donate to the servers that keep things balanced.

My wife and I just want to play on a populated (like a 40-50 person server) with vanilla settings....no teleports, no xp or loot modifiers, regular difficulty.  I'll donate to that.  This is the apocalypse folks!  Not Kum-ba-yah.

In before you say "then don't use the stuff".

It's a much better experience if everyone is on a level playing field instead of other players doing things like teleporting somewhere close to you to make a trade, or players having their own custom trader in their base so they really don't have to go out and interact with the world.

Anybody run a server out there like this?  Is there enough player base out there to just play the game in multiplayer as intended?  I used to play on some but the owners are gone now.

Edited by RyanX (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Its very unlikely to find a 30-40 ppl server as the server would lag hard. I also dont understand why you would want that as you will find no places to loot nor any good stuff at traders with so much competition - but to each their own.  I play on this one, vanilla, it as some tiny mods like a better HUD,  and it has some nice people but only 3-4 people at 1 time.

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/7dtd/14066457

All Night Gamers - Jericho is a purely vanilla server. No mods at all, however we do have personal teleports. Like /home that is usable by everyone to teleport to their last home area. As well as /spawn+ that allows donators to spawn on their bedroll. But, everyone is on equal footing. Our player cap is 25 though and the server does get full at times.