Why do I get a emty world when creating a new random generated map?

lil_joha

Was getting the naked worlds with Trying for Random New Worlds with just the Using the World Editor. before touching the rwgmixer.

but did find  if I instead did a Random World new Game, I would get one filled with buildings. Including mine. Thou placement has a lot to be desired lol

A19.6_2021-10-08_15-35-42.thumb.jpg.d96e943049644143f38ec6ff9ee3ad8e.jpg

rwg mixer has nothing to do with the world map editor.

so first thing to do is to verify your game thru steam.. that will replace any bad files/altered files.

then the next step below.

the world editor is where you manually place the pois you want and where you want them, change their rotations and such, make little communities and such... task your imagination... go in to the blank fresh world, use the k menu to place the pois and save with a name you want, hop out and create a new game seed and use the world you just created..

then later you go back to the editor and add or move what you did or changed. rinse and repeat until you have your personal world.. hint start small like example 1024 x1024 just to test the waters to see if you like to actually do that. practice and test different things, using the k menu you will be able to add any of the pois that are in the poi folder itself.

here is a small sample to download and try out.. unzip it and place it in your 7dtd game folder - (\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds), then open it with the world editor (make sure you are opening it and not creating as it will wipe it).

https://ufile.io/i0o9bmru

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)