Moving a Saved Played game map to the World Editor?

lil_joha

With not being able to change landscapes road work in the World Editor, you have to change them in the Played Game.  But is there a way to take this Played Game world,

and bring it back to the World Editor for more work?

ie: Placed prefab in world 01, but messed up the road with moving another poi that left a building on the road.. could not figure out how to get it grabbed to move again. So went to a new game with the world 01 map ,Hand removed  miss laid build and fixed road.  But now want to use the fixed map for more prefabs placing.

Hmm, my butting in might be pointless, but, here I am; the generated maps and saves live in separate file types, the saves generate delta files (region files) to be used on top of the world map data. There's no trivial way to merge them, that would require a specific tool. Now, anything is possible, but I haven't heard of one. Not that I follow the custom map side of things too closely.

• 5 months later...

We're in march and they still haven't added a way to edit live worlds, idk why being able to place prefabs in game was removed could have been a good work around.

I looked through the forums but barely find info on editing that isn't outdated

4 hours ago, ZaikO said:

We're in march and they still haven't added a way to edit live worlds, idk why being able to place prefabs in game was removed could have been a good work around.

I looked through the forums but barely find info on editing that isn't outdated

If you dont like certain aspects of the game then create a mod or make your own game 😉.