Choosing a perk to open a recipe

Good day to all.

In my mod for opening a recipe, I want to indicate the requirement for a skill. To do this, I write the following in the progression.xml file:

<set xpath="/perks/perk[@name='perkGreaseMonkey']/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked'  and @level='1,5']/@tags">vehicleWheels,vehicleBicycleChassis,vehicleBicycleHandlebars,resourceVehiclesRepairKit</set>

However, the server says it does not apply the changes. Tell me what is the error?

41 minutes ago, BlackRabbitMsk said:

Good day to all.

In my mod for opening a recipe, I want to indicate the requirement for a skill. To do this, I write the following in the progression.xml file:

<set xpath="/perks/perk[@name='perkGreaseMonkey']/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked'  and @level='1,5']/@tags">vehicleWheels,vehicleBicycleChassis,vehicleBicycleHandlebars,resourceVehiclesRepairKit</set>

However, the server says it does not apply the changes. Tell me what is the error?

Try this instead, I just learned it myself

<set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkGreaseMonkey']/passive_effect[2]/@tags">vehicleWheels,vehicleBicycleChassis,vehicleBicycleHandlebars,resourceVehiclesRepairKit</set>

The [2] will capture the second passive effect node which is the one you need.  I used the same format in the buffs xml file and it worked for me

EDIT:  I also noticed you missed the root node progression, maybe add progression first and try again

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

Missing first node. /progression/perks/perk........

also, missing the effect group node.

Spoiler

<set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkGreaseMonkey']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked'  and @level='1,5']/@tags">vehicleWheels,vehicleBicycleChassis,vehicleBicycleHandlebars,resourceVehiclesRepairKit</set>

Alt 0 will collapse all nodes. As you open them, write them in your xpath. This method works 100% each time. You'll never miss a node again!

3 minutes ago, Telric said:

Missing first node. /progression/perks/perk........

also, missing the effect group node.

Reveal hidden contents

<set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkGreaseMonkey']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked'  and @level='1,5']/@tags">vehicleWheels,vehicleBicycleChassis,vehicleBicycleHandlebars,resourceVehiclesRepairKit</set>

Alt 0 will collapse all nodes. As you open them, write them in your xpath. This method works 100% each time. You'll never miss a node again!

Jumping on Telric's comment and passing on something he mentioned to me, use notepad++ does make it a ton easier seeing the hierarchy of the nodes.  I am at work so I opened up the file via notepad, but if I had opened it up on my home computer using notepad++, I believe I would have caught the missing effect group node