Heatmap during Bloodmoon

Dark_Shadow_231

As far as i know, no biome spawn occurs during a Blood Moon, except of course Blood Moon zombies. You can soak off an entire horde and once you're done, if it isnt 4am yet, you have a biome free of any regular zombies. And since biome spawning is off, id assume Screamers are also off.

2 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Screamers can be part of the bloodmoon

I don't think I've ever seen one in vanilla.

I think the heat map itself is deactivated for the horde hours.. if you cause heat after 4 am while mopping up the horde, you can get a screamer there, but from 22 to 4 you can run all your forges for free.

1 minute ago, theFlu said:

I don't think I've ever seen one in vanilla.

I think the heat map itself is deactivated for the horde hours.. if you cause heat after 4 am while mopping up the horde, you can get a screamer there, but from 22 to 4 you can run all your forges for free.

I only recently been playing with a mod, but I could sworn I have seen screamers as part of a bloodmoon on some earlier Alphas.  That might have been removed at one point and I am thinking about the olden days.....or I could be completely mistaken.  I have put so many hours in the game that sometimes things blend in.

3 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

as part of a bloodmoon on some earlier Alphas

To be honest, I had to add the "I don't think" because I wasn't entirely sure that it wasn't a thing way early; but I might be confusing the history with youtubers playing modded or whatever ... anyway, pretty sure it's not a thing in the current iteration though :D

36 minutes ago, Kyonshi said:

As far as i know, no biome spawn occurs during a Blood Moon, except of course Blood Moon zombies. You can soak off an entire horde and once you're done, if it isnt 4am yet, you have a biome free of any regular zombies. And since biome spawning is off, id assume Screamers are also off.

This makes sense, if you clear a blood moon early, the map is empty of enemies until 4am. The spawn mechanism turning off until morning would fit.

25 minutes ago, Dark_Shadow_231 said:

This makes sense, if you clear a blood moon early, the map is empty of enemies until 4am. The spawn mechanism turning off until morning would fit.

This might be a little too pedantic, but so be it; That's almost correct, just a little backwards. The screamers and the biome spawns are separate things; they're both off, but not because one effects the other; they're both off because it makes sense for each to be off, separately:

- biome spawns, they're just wasting clock cycles wandering around. Not a threat, nor in any way interesting while the GPS crowds pummel your base.

- screamers .. would make the horde nights harder to balance and possibly cause "exponential problems" with getting chain summoned. They're better off for game balance and just for the "fire freely" factor.