Making Desert Ground Drop Sand & Stone Instead of Sand & Clay

Vaeliorin

Hello.  Since in my last long-term world I ended up with somewhere north of 1 million clay I had no use for from digging up sand in the desert, I was wondering how hard it would be to make the desert ground (not sure what the block is actually called) drop sand and stone like gravel, or possibly just sand (more than it does now, similar to the sand blocks that are piled around some POIs.)

Having looked through some modding stuff, I don't think it should be too hard, but I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing.

It would be easy enough just to change the blocks.xml, but if I want to make it a modlet, I'm not sure how to tell it via xpath that the drop event I want to change is the one for resourceClayLump.

On 8/7/2021 at 7:18 PM, Vaeliorin said:

Hello.  Since in my last long-term world I ended up with somewhere north of 1 million clay I had no use for from digging up sand in the desert, I was wondering how hard it would be to make the desert ground (not sure what the block is actually called) drop sand and stone like gravel, or possibly just sand (more than it does now, similar to the sand blocks that are piled around some POIs.)

Having looked through some modding stuff, I don't think it should be too hard, but I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing.

It would be easy enough just to change the blocks.xml, but if I want to make it a modlet, I'm not sure how to tell it via xpath that the drop event I want to change is the one for resourceClayLump.

Hi Vaeliorin

It should be something like this, this block (terrGravel) only gives sand and stone, this must be the one you mention.

<set xpath = "blocks / block [@ name = 'terrGravel'] / drop [@ name = 'resourceCrushedSand'] / @ count"> 10 </set>
<set xpath = "blocks / block [@ name = 'terrGravel'] / drop [@ name = 'resourceRockSmall'] / @ count"> 10 </set>

You can change the value for the one that fits what you are looking for.
Now if you want to change "terrDesertGround" so that it only gives you sand and stone, you can do this.

<remove xpath = "/ blocks / block [@ name = 'terrDesertGround'] / drop [@ event = 'Harvest']" />
<append xpath = "/ blocks / block [@ name = 'terrDesertGround']">
    <drop event = "Harvest" name = "resourceCrushedSand" count = "9" tag = "oreWoodHarvest" />
    <drop event = "Harvest" name = "resourceRockSmall" count = "9" tag = "oreWoodHarvest" />
</append>

You must also change "terrSand" because it gives you resourceClayLump, use the code that I show you to remove and add your own Harvest, I hope this helps you.
Regards