some questions for a home server

Roly93

Hi! We bought the game with 5 more friends . The truth is that we loved it and we seek to make a dedicated server just for us and add more content to our game. My pc is going to be the Host with a Ryzen 5600x , 32 gb Ram 3600mhz Patriot Viper and RX 580 8gb. The first question is, what dimensions of nitrogen do you recommend?  Navezgame was too small... 
the second question. Is there a way to put custom commands like / sethome / home / teleport (name) or some other useful command? 

my third and last question. Is there a way to reload the entire map without it being generated while exploring it? something similar to map scripts in minecraft like preloading chunks.

1. Don't use Nitrogen. It hasn't been supported since before a19 launched, and is more likely to cause you trouble than not. If you want to use a custom map generator, then use KingGen. 12k maps would be fine on that system. 16k is not stable long-term yet.

2. You would have to run a dedicated server with a server manager. There is a Pinned thread in this very section regarding those.

3. Allocs Server Fixes has a visitmap command to crawl and populate the webmap. It can be CPU intensive, so you would want to run it without a lot of server activity.

!. I agree to use KingGen. I loved Nitrogen and miss some of it's features but it hasn't been updated in quite a while.

2. Again I agree. I think I may have used ServerTools but haven't had my server running for some time so not sure. As SylenThunder suggested there is a pinned thread.

3. As for map. Do you mean in game. I know when you make a map in KingGen you can see the full map in the preview in the folder that the program is in.

14 hours ago, Gamida said:

!. I agree to use KingGen. I loved Nitrogen and miss some of it's features but it hasn't been updated in quite a while.

2. Again I agree. I think I may have used ServerTools but haven't had my server running for some time so not sure. As SylenThunder suggested there is a pinned thread.

3. As for map. Do you mean in game. I know when you make a map in KingGen you can see the full map in the preview in the folder that the program is in.

I have found the commands and used the KingGen to create the map. What I meant by the last question. If there is any way to fully generate the map. As if everything was explored and preloaded. I have noticed drops of 20 fps when a building is loaded. 

I am not up on how the game loads areas of the map. From what I understand is even if you have explored the whole map it only loads it in chucks as you move around so having the whole map explored won't be any different than if you had just started the game. As I say, I have not the best understanding of how this all works. You will need a dev or at least someone is familiar as to how this all works.

5 hours ago, Roly93 said:

I have found the commands and used the KingGen to create the map. What I meant by the last question. If there is any way to fully generate the map. As if everything was explored and preloaded. I have noticed drops of 20 fps when a building is loaded. 

The visitmap command crawls the map in this method.

However what you describe sounds like a local hardware issue with loading the data visually. Which doesn't have anything to do with how the map is generated. 

Is the save data on SSD? What graphical settings do you have? That RX 580 8gb is a little bit dated, though it is on-par with the same performance as a GTX1060.