Maximum safe speed?

The vehicles got much slower in recent patch versions, presumably so the $300 rigs at Walmart can load the world before you fly off into the void or something. For the rest of us, what is a maximum safe speed? I am not looking to make a racing game, but as somebody who owns both motorcycles and off-road vehicles and a pickup, bikes are faster than jeeps. I would like to tweak the speeds so the minibike and motorcycle are a tad faster but I don't want to break anything. I personally do not care if the mod works on a system bought for under $1000. I am targeting actual gamers such as my friends and I. Assume a minimum of a good SATA SSD, high-end graphics card (2070, 2080, 2080 Ti, 3080, 3080 Ti, 3090), at least 16GB of decent RAM, a good CPU like the X series by Intel, and probably an NVME drive like we use. Not trying to segregate the community and I don't suspect many will be running my mod anyway, but I am targeting actual gaming rigs here.

So what would be a safe upper-limit on speed for a good rig?

First is normal base speed, second is the speed when holding shift as well.

You can set it to whatever, but somewhere around 20-25 you stop really seeing a difference. It takes other changes to make them faster at that point, but that should be fast enough.

We tried the new vehicle setup on our dedicated server starting last night. Players love it. Fastest speed is via sprint, and it is 22. Even our player on a RAID0 HDD setup had no issues, so we have a winner. Speeds are now the bicycle being slowest, then minibike, then 4x4, then motorcycle, and finally the gyrocopter. Now, how do I spawn the dang blimp?

2 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

We tried the new vehicle setup on our dedicated server starting last night. Players love it. Fastest speed is via sprint, and it is 22. Even our player on a RAID0 HDD setup had no issues, so we have a winner. Speeds are now the bicycle being slowest, then minibike, then 4x4, then motorcycle, and finally the gyrocopter. Now, how do I spawn the dang blimp?

Probably by adding something like this to your items.xml mod file, if the Prefab for it is actually there :D

Spoiler

<item name="vehicleBlimpPlaceable">
    <property name="Extends" value="vehicleMinibikePlaceable"/>
    <property name="Meshfile" value="#Entities/Vehicles?Jokeblimp_Prefab.prefab"/>
    <property name="EconomicValue" value="30000"/>
    <property class="Action1">
        <property name="Vehicle" value="vehicleJokeblimp"/>
        <property name="VehicleSize" value="2.5, 2.1, 5"/>
    </property>
    <effect_group name="vehicleJokeblimpPlaceable" tiered="false">
        <passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="4"/>
        <passive_effect name="ModPowerBonus" operation="base_add" value="300" tags="EconomicValue"/>
        <passive_effect name="DegradationMax" operation="base_set" value="7500"/>
    </effect_group>
</item>

Oh now you've got me curious. I imagine it is something The Pimps are going to add in the future, so I left it alone but I may try now.

*EDIT*

Tried it. Got Null Reference errors when trying to place it. It does indeed have a model, but the entity type is unknown. Guess we'll wait for The Pimps to throw it in. It looks great though.

Edited by The_Great_Sephiroth (see edit history)

Found more code, added it tot he mod, still get an unknown entity type of negative one, still get a reference set to null reference exception. Guess we need some C++ code.

<DHTA_Vehicles>
    <append xpath="/entityclasses">
        <entity_class name="vehicleJokeblimp">
            <property name="Tags" value="vehicle"/>
            <property name="Class" value="EntityVBlimp"/>
            <property name="Parent" value="Cars"/>
            <property name="Prefab" value="#Entities/Vehicles?jokeblimp_Prefab.prefab"/>
            <property name="ModelType" value="Standard"/>
            <property name="SurfaceCategory" value="metal"/>
            <property name="IgnoreTrigger" value="true"/>
            <property name="LootListAlive" value="82"/>
            <property name="IsEnemyEntity" value="false"/>
            <property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="6"/>
            <property name="Explosion.RadiusBlocks" value="6"/>
            <property name="Explosion.RadiusEntities" value="6"/>
            <property name="RotateToGround" value="true"/>
            <property name="Faction" value="none"/>
            <property name="MapIcon" value="ui_game_symbol_minibike"/>
        </entity_class>