Looking for help

I want to remove the game time from being displayed on my home server. What file do I have to edit and what should I edit it to so that the server doesn’t share game time with connected clients.

Goal is to keep what the exact time is unknown, sun goes down and find a place to hide or bunker down or maybe there is enough time to make it home.

7 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I want to remove the game time from being displayed on my home server. What file do I have to edit and what should I edit it to so that the server doesn’t share game time with connected clients.

Goal is to keep what the exact time is unknown, sun goes down and find a place to hide or bunker down or maybe there is enough time to make it home.

@doughphunghus has a modlet that will hide the day and time, called UI-Hide-TheDayAndTime. I've used it and it works well - it's XML-only so it should be automatically pushed from servers to clients. Get it here:

If that doesn't work exactly as intended, it's pretty easy to understand, so you should be able to modify it to suit your tastes.

Hiding the date and time in the UI is probably what you want to do. You don't want to make it so the server doesn't share the game time with clients, that would mess up a lot of stuff (and require custom C# code).

4 hours ago, khzmusik said:

@doughphunghus has a modlet that will hide the day and time, called UI-Hide-TheDayAndTime. I've used it and it works well - it's XML-only so it should be automatically pushed from servers to clients. Get it here:

If that doesn't work exactly as intended, it's pretty easy to understand, so you should be able to modify it to suit your tastes.

Hiding the date and time in the UI is probably what you want to do. You don't want to make it so the server doesn't share the game time with clients, that would mess up a lot of stuff (and require custom C# code).

You have won the internet today Sir and I also deem you the Mac Daddy.

Thank you!

Loaded it last nigh and panicked because day/time was still there.

Added it to my client and time/date still showed.

slept on the issue and remembered I added a UI mod to the server. Deleted the UI mod(let) and all is fine. No day/time displayed.

perfect solution for what I needed.

Also for anyone who asks the server pushes out to the clients so no day/time shown without them adding the mod.

*at least with my test

On 7/4/2021 at 1:55 PM, Fanatical_Meat said:

Also for anyone who asks the server pushes out to the clients so no day/time shown without them adding the mod.

Thanks for that info! I was wondering if it would. I've updated my mod page with this info and gave you credit for the conformation :)

2 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

Thanks for that info! I was wondering if it would. I've updated my mod page with this info and gave you credit for the conformation :)

Thanks for that mod.

Not sure if my friends liked not knowing the time because I forgot to update day length and had it set to 3 hours but I thought it was set for 50 minutes.

we were waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for the horde.