Server crash when server [Steamworks.NET] NET: Received package from an unconnected client:

R0ug3tr00p3r

Ok, first thing I notice is that your server hardware is kind of borderline for the number of mods, and settings you have on that server.

Speaking of mods, have you verified that they are all compatible with 19.5? I see a couple are not loading correctly.

As of 19.5 Nitrogen maps are more likely to cause an issue than not. You will want to strongly consider starting a new map.

If the server has the port forwarding configured properly, disable SteamNetworking. I have seen connection issues where the ports are forwarded, and it is enabled to push uPnP protocols to the router.

The player is kicked because they didn't pass Steam authentication checks. The server then gets hung up presumably because their client is still attempting to send data to it. The reason for the failure to authenticate can be a large number of things. Issues with the connection between the client and the server, issues with either the client or the server connecting to Steam servers, and security software blocking the data packets are the most common reasons. Since the port you've chosen for the server is commonly used by trojans to traverse NAT gateways, that last one is a very likely reason.

As for their client, it's scraping the bottom of being capable of playing the Vanilla client. Much less with the number of mods going on there. (If it wasn't a laptop, but a desktop from that same generation, it would probably be alright. It would struggle under much load though. Also note that their system does not at all support their current desktop resolution.) Their mod list also does not match the servers, which could cause additional problems. I'd have to go though the list and check each mod you've got loaded, and I don't have time to spend on that.

As far as their client is concerned, it tries to connect, gets stuck in a little data loop, and then they get disconnected.

Thanks for the help. Will start working through all the mods and make sure they are compatible and carve out anything not needed.

Good to know on the map will start working on a new map and I'm sure players will be ready for a move in any case.

Port issue and forwarding well spotted.

Appreciate all the help and fast response.

@R0ug3tr00p3rThe litenetlib connection fails. This is usually a port problem. You need your base port +3 open, and change it as Sylen already said.

Also, the client's video driver is very old. 368.71 is from 2016. Latest I see for that chip is here 425.31 from 2019. Won't help with the connection

problem, but maybe it would play a little better for the client.

23 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

As of 19.5 Nitrogen maps are more likely to cause an issue than not. You will want to strongly consider starting a new map.

On this, really not a fan of the rwg maps if we have to change the map. Is KingGen any better in this regard?

55 minutes ago, R0ug3tr00p3r said:

On this, really not a fan of the rwg maps if we have to change the map. Is KingGen any better in this regard?

Yes It will still have some of the same shortfalls that Nitrogen does due to the shortcuts taken in map generation, but it does offer you a nice level of customization to play with before a20 drops.