Trying to get forests that look like this (video)

I was watching a few different mod videos and I found a couple that have beautiful forests. Dense, lots of tall pine trees. But I can't figure out how to get them myself. See video:

https://youtu.be/xs2i_pCM7ow

I thought maybe it was just a feature of the Ravenhearst mod but that doesn't do it either, even loaded up the official map that this guy is playing. All my forests so far have been more sparse with smaller trees, more like this:

7-days-to-die-less-forest-clutter.jpg

The video is from 2019, so have forests just changed since then? Is this a specific biome that I just haven't had luck finding?

Edited by Deceptive Pastry (see edit history)

For what it's worth, the <decorations> section - where trees are selected - of the pine_forest biome in 18.3 and 19.3 are the same. 18.3 would have been 2019-ish I think (it's the only old version I still have hanging around).

Probably the biomes.xml has been edited/modded to boost tree count in the world used for the video. I used a 4x setting for just 4 tree types to get this:

image.png.fd06df9c403a7550f283498c9730d951.png

Note that large quantities of trees can impact performance. If you want to play with it yourself, open biomes.xml and look in the <decorations> section of the pine_forest biome. You'll see lines like this:

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeDeadPineLeaf" prob="0.01" rotatemax="7"/>
<decoration type="block" blockname="treeJuniper4m" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>

Change the "prob" value to increase trees. If you touch all of the tree types in there, I'd start with maybe a 50% boost to each. So if it's 0.01 default, set it to 0.015. Generate a new world and see how you like it.

Do not do what I did and use 4x for all the tree types at once. Otherwise you may not be able to walk through the forest! And also your GPU might catch fire.

Edited by Boidster (see edit history)

It isn't just tree density. I installed Ravenhearst 5.5.2 which runs on 17.4 and with that I get the trees I'm looking for. So either that was a feature of that version of Ravenhearst, or trees have changed since 17.4.

I'll try out the HQHD biome overhaul and see if that gives me the trees I'm looking for.

I see now that Ravenhearst uses Dust2Death's HD mods, presumably including the trees. So it seems that the HDHQ mod is the answer here. Hoping he updates it for the current version as not just the trees are great but the lighting is perfect. For now I guess I'm playing Ravenhearst in 17.4. Always been on my list, pretty nice so far.