Nailing the nailgun

Hyperbolt

How come that of every item in the game that has a durability bar, the nailgun is the only one that doesnt have a quality level?  I get that its a tool ment for building and thus modding it/changing damage and durability isnt very relevant in many cases. But the hammer and all other tools have those benefits, and that is awesome!  As a player whos primary melee weapon is a steel pickaxe, i really enjoy using tools as weapons. They arent as good as sledges or clubs, but still oddly satisfying..! 

So back to the nailgun, if one were able to craft higher qualities of it, and be able to mod it with like, a full auto mod and magazine extender... Oh boy~  still worse and even more inaccurate than a held junk turret, but oh so lovely for everyone out there that have the angry-unhinged-mechanic survivor dream!

The pimps are doing a very good job in general to be open and unrestrictive in terms of gameplay, so i just thought it was odd of them to remove the quality and modfunction on 1 single item with a durability bar. 

Edited by Hyperbolt (see edit history)

That's because the Nailgun is mainly a building tool. Even if some people would argue with me that it can also be a projectile weapon, it doesnt really make an awesome job at this. Nails have no stoping power and cause minimal damage, and certainly not enough to kill a Z. Given the choice between a pickaxe or even a hammer, i can guaranty that i will use either one of the two firsts over a Nailgun anytime.

Yeah it shouldnt really have a quality rating but its mainly to indicate it needs to be repaired at some point (using a tool for building still uses a tiny fraction of its durabilty bar).

Edited by Kyonshi (see edit history)

I agree with Kyonshi - Not sure the value of having different quality level nail guns.

I typically don't repair the nail gun (unless I have no choice).  I will use it until it is broken, then either use another one I found during looting or crafted myself.  Then I sell the broken one to the traders.  A max durability nail gun is the same as a broken one in the trader's eyes so I just save on repair kits since I seem to have several of them laying around.

Would it be a bother to just repair it?  Not really as glue and iron is plentiful, but I like the aspect of selling Rekt a broken nail gun while I have one in better shape back at my base  😁

It used to have quality-levels before alpha 17, but that was before modding were a thing.  And yes, i know no one in their right mind would choose the nailgun over other ranged weapons!  Its a tool, and it should have worse offensive stats than proper firearms! BUT it would very nice to have the option to mod it, since we can mod all other tools. 

Think of the players that are out of their minds, and enjoys nailing chickens, vultures and zombies! xD 

Also that could help save the more expensive ammo for more important encounters! (But its mostly for the fun part, it would be quicker to just bash their skulls with a sledge if we talk efficency)