Trader did not take the supplies after completing the quest; now they are stuck in my inventory

SBD493

Hey everyone, 

I have done countless quests for the traders. After one of them, I went back to the trader to collect the reward. He didn´t take the supplies, and he didn´t give me the reward. I don´t care about the reward, but the supplies have been  stuck in my inventory since then. I started a new quest to see if the game will catch on, but it didn´t. The trader only took the "new" supplies, and the old ones are still stuck in my inventory. I did another quest, and tried to manually place the trader supplies in the spot where the old ones are, but it wouldn´t let me. The spot in my inventory is blocked. 

I went to different traders, and did quest for them, but they all just ignore the trader supplies. The item has been stuck in my inventory for a while now. I back up my gameplay after every time I play.

Does anyone know what I could do fix this? Is there a trick?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Germany.

Edited by SBD493
typo (see edit history)

11 hours ago, SBD493 said:

Does anyone know what I could do fix this?

Set your game mode to drop everything on death. Then empty your inventory and toolbelt into a chest. This would leave only the stuck supplies in your inventory.

Proceed to kill yourself. Then just don't retreive your backpack and you will no longer have the trader package. The backpack will eventually despawn.

Thank you so much for responding. 

I tried it the way you described it. Left the game. Changed the settings to "drop everything upon death", went back in the game, dropped everything in a chest, killed myself, and guess what was in my inventory when I respawned. Yup. The trader supplies are still there. Gosh dernit! 

7 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

Set your game mode to drop everything on death. Then empty your inventory and toolbelt into a chest. This would leave only the stuck supplies in your inventory.

Proceed to kill yourself. Then just don't retreive your backpack and you will no longer have the trader package. The backpack will eventually despawn.

if you took all good stuff out of your back pack then no need to retrieve the old one when you die.. (further decrease the chance of getting stuck with it again). i'd let that sucker set and decay and stay 50 miles away from it for safety sake.

:)

just as Beelzybub says... leave it.

2 hours ago, SBD493 said:

Thank you so much for responding. 

I tried it the way you described it. Left the game. Changed the settings to "drop everything upon death", went back in the game, dropped everything in a chest, killed myself, and guess what was in my inventory when I respawned. Yup. The trader supplies are still there. Gosh dernit! 

interesting.. i did what beelzybub talked about one other time and worked for me...

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

out of fairness... my situation was back when we brought in the quests so there has been a lot of changes since then...

your issue sounds like a corrupted player save (i have no knowledge on tampering with them or if they can be)..

maybe some one else can help on that...  i will shut up then and wish you luck.

The problem has fixed itself. Every subsequent quest, the "stuck" trader supplies moved one space over in the inventory. When the supplies were in the last slot in the inventory, I accepted another quest. When I got to the location and activated the yellow exclamation mark, the game instantly told me to return to the trader. I had not even entered the building of the quest location. And so I returned to the trader. He took the stuck supplies. What a strange glitch. 🤔