7 days to die fps drops (more days=lower fps)

Hexo

Hello, I have a question, do you really not having problems with fps? I like can't play this game because of the fps drops, when i start my game it is absolutely ok, but when the days start to grow up, its getting worse everyday, probably because the world is loading more and more content and ram is growing up too, i don't think I have weak pc, my pc is average and I can actually play almost everything on that, i know that 7 dtd is voxel game and I know what does that mean, but if I couldn't even get to day 30 it's unplayable, from the beginning I have around 70-140 fps, but around day 14 I play for like 40 fps and that is unplayable, my friend has lot moře weaker pc than me and he is seriously having the same fps as me, so that is why I think that server causes the lags, from the beginning simple restart stop the dropping fps and it was ok again, but around that day 14 it stopped working and I was about 40 fps, I couldn't reach more, the server is mine btw and i don't want to play multiplayer, I want to play with my 1 friend, that's all. Do you have any solution for that or how do you play 7dtd without lags? Btw in the alpha 18.4 i think i got into Day 30 without almost any fps drops, i got drops only when we had bloodmoon, but I had also worse pc, now It's alpha 19.3 and the fps drops are unbelieveable.

My PC specs:

CPU: Intel Core I5-8600K 3.6 GHz

GPU: Rtx 2070 super (8GB ram GDDR6)

RAM: 16GB DDR4

Other players actually don't have that problem. I don't have it and I haven't seen anyone else complain about the game slowing down when the days go longer.

Is the servers hard disk full?

When you say you restart, do you mean you only restart the client or the server as well?

Could you post the logfiles of server and client? The Howto is in one of the sticky threads in the "General Support" section of the forum

If one of you runs the server on his computer, problems might arise when you are far from each other and the server has to keep multiple chunks loaded and running... at least, this was an issue I had when playing with my friends and we decide to scatter and do our own thing :)

Also, do you build crazy big bases or something like that?

5 hours ago, eXSe said:

If one of you runs the server on his computer, problems might arise when you are far from each other and the server has to keep multiple chunks loaded and running... at least, this was an issue I had when playing with my friends and we decide to scatter and do our own thing :)

Also, do you build crazy big bases or something like that?

Actually yes I do, I like to build bigger bases, but if I could not build big bases, the game would not be fun, but i built big base, then it started lagging, but i restarted my game and it was OK again.

8 hours ago, meganoth said:

Other players actually don't have that problem. I don't have it and I haven't seen anyone else complain about the game slowing down when the days go longer.

Is the servers hard disk full?

When you say you restart, do you mean you only restart the client or the server as well?

Could you post the logfiles of server and client? The Howto is in one of the sticky threads in the "General Support" section of the forum

I have the server on SSD disk but I have 100GB free space and what do you mean by restarting the server, I just restart the game ?

3 hours ago, Hexo said:

I have the server on SSD disk but I have 100GB free space and what do you mean by restarting the server, I just restart the game ?

Ok, just for explanation, there are 2 ways to play multiplayer: Have a dedicated server running or other players connect to one player.

Internally both ways (and even single player) are handled almost the same. When you start the game, you start a server as well and you as client connect to that server, as well as your friend.

Now a PC needs to be quite strong in all categories (especially CPU and data throughput) to act as server and client in MP. I would need to see your logfile to say more.

One thing you could try: Start the game (being at your base), wait a minute and then write down FPS. Then drive a km away from the base you built and write down FPS again. Then let your friend join, write down FPS. If he is at the base, let him drive away from the base as well. Write down FPS. Show us the FPS. Maybe we can find out whether your base has something to do with your FPS or not.

On 2/4/2021 at 4:04 AM, meganoth said:

Ok, just for explanation, there are 2 ways to play multiplayer: Have a dedicated server running or other players connect to one player.

Internally both ways (and even single player) are handled almost the same. When you start the game, you start a server as well and you as client connect to that server, as well as your friend.

Now a PC needs to be quite strong in all categories (especially CPU and data throughput) to act as server and client in MP. I would need to see your logfile to say more.

One thing you could try: Start the game (being at your base), wait a minute and then write down FPS. Then drive a km away from the base you built and write down FPS again. Then let your friend join, write down FPS. If he is at the base, let him drive away from the base as well. Write down FPS. Show us the FPS. Maybe we can find out whether your base has something to do with your FPS or not.

his issue could be the big base i had that same issue in A16 when i built large bases i would experience an FPS drop that caused me major lag

Archived