Request: Mod or Guide on removing "Loading Bar" on Bows

ben_roprim

Should be simple, I hope.

Requesting a existing mod or a guide in which the "loading Bar" when aiming/pulling with the bow is removed in it's entirety.

Never have I seen such a feature on a bow that is both ugly, distracting, and gets in the way of aiming correctly.

Any tips on how to remove this?

I don't know the answer, but it appears this cannot? be modded out with XML mods (the solution is not obvious to me), as I'm betting it has to do with the bows, when aiming/shooting are using a "catapult" class:

<item name="gunBowT1WoodenBow">
      ... Stuff
      <property class="Action0">
		<property name="Class" value="Catapult"/>

I've seen other custom weapons with the loading bar and they were of the same class when aiming.  My *guess* is that if you changed the class (and it even worked), the bow would shoot immediately without a "draw time/power" or "it shoots when I let go, power being dependent of time pulling".  It seems all the "pull and release" bows use the "Catapult" class

Maybe a DMT modder/mod might be able to figure it out though (modify/override the Catapult class somehow)?  Or maybe just move the bar somewhere, make it invisible?

Note: Some other "bows" (gunBowT1IronCrossbow) use "Launcher" as the class... but they don't have the "pull and release" mechanic the regular bows have.  So I bet, if modified to use "Launcher" it would launch immediately.

You just seem so cheerful, that I had to assist you..........

<remove xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowThrow']/rect"/>

That will remove the icon you're wanting, without messing with items. It will remove thrown stuff as well. (TNT, Rocks, the poop straight from your bum, if you mod that in...) Have fun!

Btw this is in windows.xml... So Configs > XUi > windows.xml.

Archived