Removing Sound of Supply Plane

Sjustus548

I have a quick question for you fine folks.  I'm wanting to get rid of the sound the supply drop plane makes but I'm not quite sure of the best way to go about it where I won't break something.  I thought about just deleting that part in the xml sound files or just commenting it out with the <!---> marks but I didn't know if this would cause an issue with in the code or not.  I didn't want the supply drop event to trigger and if it couldn't find that section then cause an error  code to pop up.  Would this cause an error or could someone tell me a more efficient way of removing the sound of the plane?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, hiemfire said:

If you want to go the simple way, turning the ambient sounds all the way down also turns off the supply plane sound. At least it used to. Or you could deactivate the supply drops if running in single player.

I still want to hear all the other ambient sounds and I want to still have supply drops.  I just want the sound of the plane gone.  I'm wanting to remove the sound and turn off the map marker so unless you see the drop you won't know where it is or when it drops.  That way you will just stumble across them while exploring.  

27 minutes ago, Sjustus548 said:

I still want to hear all the other ambient sounds and I want to still have supply drops.  I just want the sound of the plane gone.  I'm wanting to remove the sound and turn off the map marker so unless you see the drop you won't know where it is or when it drops.  That way you will just stumble across them while exploring.  

The marker can be turned off before you load up the map. It is on either the advanced or general tab of the options shown when selecting a game save to continue. As for shutting off the sound either @Boidster might have an idea or you could browse/ask in the modification section of the forum:

https://community.7daystodie.com/forum/22-game-modification/

Archived