Official Servers like ARK?

IDNeon

I kind of wish there was a way to get official servers like what ARK has. I played ARK so long, loved its persistence and grief and strong pvp-ability.

7days I like for other reasons, and don't want to see it try to be ARK, but I do think one of the more successful features of ARK was its persistent, official servers.

And I kind of wish that at the least the dedicated server community would be given a set of official server specs and at least someone can run those.

Is there any possibility of this catching on?

I think the BIGGEST problem to hurdle is persistence. 7days is a highly destructive game and any persistent map would probably end-up looking like 2b2t minecraft after some time. And honestly, I don't know how to OVERCOME the persistence problem, except there is one solution that comes to mind.

SEASONS

7days could have a standardized, competitive, tiered, season style play.

TFP could spin-up a few servers for each tier.

Tiers could be default difficulty and pve vs. pvp vs co-op.

The seasons would last for a certain amount of days, say 784days? That would be about a month long.

And there could be a leaderboard that we could all see how people performed in their tiers.

Not likely to happen because this isn't a game designed to be a big MMO like Ark is. This game is centered around single player or small co-op. The max supported player count is 8, not 70+.

Also note that official servers are basically trash thanks to players being @%$#s.  You can see this well defined in almost every game that has official servers.

2 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Also note that official servers are basically trash thanks to players being @%$#s.

This is the sole reason I won't play on any official server for any game like this.  7 Days, Ark, Fallout 76, any of those types of game I will gladly pay to rent my own server just for the pleasure of not having to deal with other players trying to troll me at every turn. 

Archived