Determining If A Modlet Adds Items To Loot

Vaeliorin

I'm just wondering if there's a way to tell if a mod has added the items it adds to the loot table (I suppose this might occur automatically?  I really have no idea.)  I've added a couple modlets that add weapons, but I've never seen them occur in loot (though this might have to do with game stage, but I was high enough in one game to be getting steel tools/weapons without seeing them.)

Assuming there is, I'd also appreciate someone telling me how to add them to the loot tables myself if they haven't already been added (I'm familiar with XML, so that's not a problem, just not sure how all the 7D2D stuff is set up.)

Alternately, a way to be able to craft tier 6 items (or if there's a mod for that, I didn't see one...I just would like to get tier 6 variations of the items somehow) would work as well.

3 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

I'm just wondering if there's a way to tell if a mod has added the items it adds to the loot table (I suppose this might occur automatically?  I really have no idea.)  I've added a couple modlets that add weapons, but I've never seen them occur in loot (though this might have to do with game stage, but I was high enough in one game to be getting steel tools/weapons without seeing them.)

Assuming there is, I'd also appreciate someone telling me how to add them to the loot tables myself if they haven't already been added (I'm familiar with XML, so that's not a problem, just not sure how all the 7D2D stuff is set up.)

Alternately, a way to be able to craft tier 6 items (or if there's a mod for that, I didn't see one...I just would like to get tier 6 variations of the items somehow) would work as well.

Hi Vaeliorin

Check if the mods you have installed have the loot.xml file, if they do, then they are adding things to the game loot, if they have not come out when looting, it depends on how the probability or your luck is configured.
I have seen two mods that do the crafting tier 6 stuff, I just can't remember if it's the Hiphope or Claymore mod or both, you can look for them in the mods section.
Regards

Hmm, okay.  They don't have those, so I guess I can't find them in loot.  I did find a tier 6 crafting mod (though it's by Lam, I didn't find anything like that from Highope or Claymore) so that will work (I don't really like no tier 6 crafting anyway, so it's a win-win for me.)

I could probably add them to loot (I have another mod with a loot.xml that I could crib from) but this way works for me too.

Thanks for the help.

Archived