New to PC version questions

Shadowhawk127

Hi!

So I've been a fan of 7 Days for awhile now on PS4, and now that I've finally upgraded my PC I quickly purchased this version. I have to say the changes are quite significant and I have a few questions that maybe you guys could help me out with.

I really liked the system where using a tool/weapon and crafting helped to improve the stats with that item. Is that gone for good? Is there a way to turn it back on? And I don't seem to be able to loot corpses anymore. Is that a bug, or just how it is on the PC version?

And can I change how the hunger and thirst meters are displayed? They are kind of small and hard to pay attention to where they are.

The game also crashes when I try to render a new game world (putting in a random seed number). Am I doing something wrong?

Don't mean to bombard you with so many questions, I just want to know if there's any way I can change things so they don't seem so alien to me.

The system of improving the stats of an item by crafting them repeatedly is gone for good.  TFP have decided to move away from that system and to use this current system.  I believe there are mods you can install that will put the old system back in but I'm not sure which ones.  Looting zombie corpses is also out but can be put back in with mods.  The zombies have a chance to drop loot bags instead.  I don't believe the hunger or thirst bars can be moved without the use of mods either.  I'm not sure about the game crashing when trying to render a new game world.  I've never had that happen.  Hopefully someone can help you solve that issue.

I recommend playing through vanilla at least one full playthrough before dipping into mods so you can experience all the new changes at least once.  A couple great websites for mods are the following.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie

https://7daystodiemods.com/

Edit: Regarding your crash, you may want to submit a bug report on that if it consistently happens to you.  Click the green banner above on how to submit a report.

Archived