A19 Low-gamestage loot lottery modlet

Boidster

This is a silly little modlet that just changes the standard loot probability tables to give .001 prob value to T1/T2/T3 at gamestages where otherwise they would be 0. Only tested to be syntactically valid, not tested so much for balance. However if my math is correct, at GS 1 it ought to give a 1/1000 chance of a T1/T2/T3 weapon, tool, or armor, and a 4/1000 chance of T2 or T3 ammo from a Shotgun Messiah crate. Other containers, YMMV; I'm not prepared to do all that math yet.

Somebody in General mentioned wanting a "winning the lottery" sort of chance for higher-tier stuff at low GS. This modlet should do that. I think. I don't plan on running it in my own game so I won't really get any test results. I did open about 100 S.M. crates at GS 26 and still only got GS 26-appropriate loot according to vanilla probabilities. Didn't hit the lottery I suppose.

BoidsLootLottery.zip

I'll test it out ;)  I have a game only on Day 3 ongoing.  Other than having the Sorcery mod put a lot of stuff in containers, I've only found a single tier 1 pistol so far.  I have it turned up pretty hard (I've died 5 times already ;) so my gamestage will likely stay low for many more days.

Also: I have some mods where i set some of the loot probability to .1 and it was waay too high, so I dropped them to 0.02, so I'm also testing that out.  I think 0.001/0.004 is likely a good number for "super rare" loot.  I'll let you know!

Archived