Contrlloer support.

IrishRed

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, not sure which section this would go into as its not a bug or something I need answers to. If this is in the wrong place please let me know were to post something like this. 

I play with a controller, as that is what I'm most comfortable with. My issue/suggestion is while using a vehicle there is no free look. While driving around the only control there is, is with the right joystick that is used to steer. I'd like to be able to look around while driving with the left joystick, without having to jump off or drive in circles. 

2 hours ago, IrishRed said:

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, not sure which section this would go into as its not a bug or something I need answers to. If this is in the wrong place please let me know were to post something like this. 

I play with a controller, as that is what I'm most comfortable with. My issue/suggestion is while using a vehicle there is no free look. While driving around the only control there is, is with the right joystick that is used to steer. I'd like to be able to look around while driving with the left joystick, without having to jump off or drive in circles. 

If you start the game from the "big picture mode" in steam the controller works fine, at least it did for me in A18.

1 hour ago, Hellsmoke said:

If you start the game from the "big picture mode" in steam the controller works fine, at least it did for me in A18.

Thats what I do. I wonder if there is some setting I'm not seeing or controller issue. I do use a cord instead of Bluetooth also. I'll try my other controller and see if thats the case. Also I'm using a PS4 controller. 

I played around with it and there does not seem to be any controller-equivalent to the right-mouse-look-around for M+KB players. I don't think you're missing anything; it's just not there. And given the # of unmapped buttons in vehicle mode, it's kind of surprising. How about left-bumper to enable free look? Would work great. Or make right trigger = throttle, left trigger = brake (like every freaking other game) and then left thumb can be steering and right thumb can be free look.

Controller mappings will need some love before the game goes gold, for sure.

Archived