Is there a possibility to walk / swim faster in A19?

heusmich

The speed for swim is very stupid for player, I don't understand why they do that, it's really WTF!!! animal/zombie swim more faster than player too...

If I remember well, the walk speed can be change on the type of block & it's not really a good way to do that even if it's oky in game because I read something about the speed will be active too with animal/zombie, so maybe useless... & for the swim speed, it's harcoded, that's mean can't be modded by any .xml files...

entityclasses.xml

<passive_effect name="WalkSpeed" operation="base_set" value="1.53"/>
<passive_effect name="RunSpeed" operation="base_set" value="1.10"/>
<passive_effect name="CrouchSpeed" operation="base_set" value="1.04"/>
<passive_effect name="WalkSpeed" operation="base_set" value="1.38" tags="swimming"/>
<passive_effect name="RunSpeed" operation="base_set" value="0.99" tags="swimming"/>

I tested it to change that, but with a new party test, nothing change even with max skill...

But YES, you can change speed specialy for swim, you must edit the file resources.assets with a tool where you can find here...

Someone already explain how to do that on 7DTD's Steam forum too & maybe here & mostly somewhere on the net...

But it's just for single/coop, server must do it own side, & both need EAC must be disable...

& you can change a another very stupid thing, the crouch to can pass 1 block size!

On 8/19/2020 at 8:52 AM, heusmich said:

Hi @all,

Is there a possibility to edit the config files and make it possible to walk / swim faster in Alpha 19?

I had mods that made it possible in Alpha 18 but these mods are not working in Alpha 19...

Best regards

heusmich

Hi heusmich

In materials.xml you can edit Mwater in the part where it says movement factor (I think it says like this) by default it is 0.9, change it to 1.2 and check how you move in the water now.
To walk or run faster, add this and check it, you adjust it according to your needs.

<passive_effect name="WalkSpeed" operation="perc_add" value=".1"/>
<passive_effect name="RunSpeed" operation="perc_add" value=".1"/>

18 hours ago, Gouki said:

Hi heusmich

In materials.xml you can edit Mwater in the part where it says movement factor (I think it says like this) by default it is 0.9, change it to 1.2 and check how you move in the water now.
To walk or run faster, add this and check it, you adjust it according to your needs.

<passive_effect name="WalkSpeed" operation="perc_add" value=".1"/>
<passive_effect name="RunSpeed" operation="perc_add" value=".1"/>

Thanks for this info.

Do the two lines also have to be in the materials.xml file? If yes, where in the file do I have to add them?

And why is this value ".1" and not "0.1"? Does this make any difference?

And do I setup the speed in the config file on the same way like for swimming or will this add a seperate skill in the game?

Sorry for all the questions, but I don´t have much experience with modding...

:D

Just now, heusmich said:

Thanks for this info.

Do the two lines also have to be in the materials.xml file? If yes, where in the file do I have to add them?

And why is this value ".1" and not "0.1"? Does this make any difference?

And do I setup the speed in the config file on the same way like for swimming or will this add a seperate skill in the game?

Sorry for all the questions, but I don´t have much experience with modding...

:D

Those two lines you paste in entityclasses.xml (in player), as shown by @Life_For_Dead or you can do it mod.
Now if you put 1 instead of 0.1 or .1 you will go faster, that's why I put it in .1 but you can adjust it to your needs.
To swim faster or move faster in the water you do not have to modify anything else, just edit the materials.xml file where I told you.

P.S. Make sure to make a backup copy of the files you are going to modify.

51 minutes ago, heusmich said:

I don´t get it working, neither the change for swimming is working nor the change for walking / runing.

Maybe this was possible in A18 but is not working anymore in A19?

Maybe the same if it's only for A18, but I leave you two mods that do what you ask, check them and then tell me.

https://7daystodiemods.com/walk-faster/

https://7daystodiemods.com/swim-faster/

They are for A18.4

Archived