Snufkin's Hat Madness

Snufkin

This mod add 20 different models with different texture variations that create 149 unique hats. They work as cosmetic mods (same slot as the dyes) and are applicable on any head gear. They are only found in loot (same group as the hats) so they are pretty rare.

The models are fitted to a head size of 0.5, so extreme sizes may look wrong.

---

Changelog:

1.0:  Release

1.01: Removed ability to install on apparels. Now the mods are limited to armor.

Download: https://github.com/Snufki-n/Snufkin_Modlets_A19/blob/master/Snufkin_HatMadness.rar

---

Models ripped from The Sims 4.

---

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Snufkin (see edit history)

Sad about the clothes but one could hope something turns up along the line to make it possible.
Re Hats, Found a Ranger hat (Hat Model 14 Color 01) applied to news boy cap but was invisible on head. I'll look out for more in my travels and let you know if it is the same with others.

I'm testing it now. It seems to do that with the hats, not with the armors. And the mods have a non-zero chance to actually come installed on the hats, that's not the intended behavior. Thanks for reporting.

---

Checking again. It seems that triggered effects don't work on the apparels. I'm going to make the hats exclusive for the armors. Also I noticed 2 icons missing.

Edited by Snufkin (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Hey, First off Awesome job on the Mod! This has been one of my favorites to throw into PvP servers as the game lacks any flare for the Characters/Clothing. I was curious if you had to pull these into a unity 3d editor first, or if there was an easier method? I ask because I would love to rip some models from the Sims 4 CC Community. Found tons of awesome hats/helmets from there that I really wanna use, like the Medieval, Cyberpunk, and Fantasy collections...

DansimsFantasy — The sims 4. Plasma mask (unisex). Dansimsfantasy. ...

I've downloaded this mod, which is great btw. I put it on my test server, however I'm the only one who can see it.

Does this require others to download and install the mod, or is there a way to have the server push the files to other clients?

10 hours ago, AlphaJD said:

I've downloaded this mod, which is great btw. I put it on my test server, however I'm the only one who can see it.

Does this require others to download and install the mod, or is there a way to have the server push the files to other clients?

All mods that have more than just "server-friendly" .xml files must be installed on the client

Edited by CrazyAluminum (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Hey there Snufkin. I installed your mod, the items do appear in game and everything runs smooth, but I ran into small problem, any time I apply it to a helmet (armor) slot, it doesn't show me the mask, it just shows my characters head as if he is wearing nothing? Any idea what might be wrong?