loot scaling with gamestage - any explanation or tips?

danielspoa

I have a problem currently with how loot is scaling.. Im getting stone tools and first tier weapons. I get better quality with some levels but still primitive tools. Thats great.
Suddenly I get a jump to steel tools and the mid game (iron tools, second tier weapons, etc) is skipped.

maybe it has to do with a mod, I know theres no official support for that. I would love if someone could drop a quick word on how this works, or give me an example.
If u need a case, suppose only stone tools until GS 50, Iron tools until GS 100, Steel starts dropping at 100+ (chance increases with GS after that). How would you do that?

Thank you!

2 hours ago, danielspoa said:

I have a problem currently with how loot is scaling.. Im getting stone tools and first tier weapons. I get better quality with some levels but still primitive tools. Thats great.
Suddenly I get a jump to steel tools and the mid game (iron tools, second tier weapons, etc) is skipped.

maybe it has to do with a mod, I know theres no official support for that. I would love if someone could drop a quick word on how this works, or give me an example.
If u need a case, suppose only stone tools until GS 50, Iron tools until GS 100, Steel starts dropping at 100+ (chance increases with GS after that). How would you do that?

Thank you!

Hi danielspoa

I would do it this way, it would be to make the trader not sell the crucible, nor his scheme, lower the probability that it will be looted.
The other option is by progression.xml, move it to the last level, to make it endgame.

I have found the same issue. Progression and loot is a little off currently. Tier 1 stone age feels pretty good but tier 2 iron age feels short. It doesn't take much effort to get into steel and is possible to skip iron all together sometimes. I don't quite understand the getting stone tools when i'm game stage 100 or more according to the loot probability templates I should stop getting stone at game stage 46. Yet I still do. 

Archived