That must be changed!

Lolcrafter_kl

- add a wave system for the blood moon ( 5 x 64 Zombies in 4 game hours, as an example)

- the landscape is too round, a little bit more detail and corners

- more grass, trees etc. ( the landscape look very empty) and a bit more detail at the ground

- better animations for zombies (the zombies hit you, although they would rather bite), and a nice reload and running animation would be very nice

- Better Hitbox ( if my friend and I want to destroy something, then we hit us sometimes , although we look to this, what we want to destroy )

And the last point is:

- better Graphics ( I know, your work a long time at this game and it is not easy to make good graphics [I think], but if you look the graphics like the Game "dead Matter" [it is not released yet], which looks so much better then 7 Days to die and then it will be difficult to keep up there)

I hope I could help with some tips and it is not meant to be evil, I want help this game! 

15 hours ago, Lolcrafter_kl said:

- add a wave system for the blood moon ( 5 x 64 Zombies in 4 game hours, as an example)

This system already exists. Each horde consists of 3 waves. For example at a gamestage of 49 you have 3 waves consisting of 69 zombies each. At a gamestage of 153 you have 3 waves consisting of 216 zombies each.

This does not mean that 216 zombies are on the screen at the same time. This is determined by your setting. I usually play with 32 zombies concurrent. Default are 8 zombies concurrent.

- the landscape is too round, a little bit more detail and corners

Everyone has his own opinion. I would prefer a much smoother landscape.

- more grass, trees etc. ( the landscape look very empty) and a bit more detail at the ground

If you really want to have 10-15 FPS then you are welcome.

- better animations for zombies (the zombies hit you, although they would rather bite), and a nice reload and running animation would be very nice

The animations were recorded using the motion capture process. Unless the Fun Pimps make new recordings, this is rather unlikely.

- Better Hitbox ( if my friend and I want to destroy something, then we hit us sometimes , although we look to this, what we want to destroy )

And the last point is:

Here we are in agreement. However, this is an ongoing process.

- better Graphics ( I know, your work a long time at this game and it is not easy to make good graphics [I think], but if you look the graphics like the Game "dead Matter" [it is not released yet], which looks so much better then 7 Days to die and then it will be difficult to keep up there)

For a voxel-based game, the game looks great. Better than ever.

Don't forget, Dead Matter uses a static map while the map of 7 Days to is not only random generated but also fully destructible.

1 hour ago, RipClaw said:

This system already exists. Each horde consists of 3 waves. For example at a gamestage of 49 you have 3 waves consisting of 69 zombies each. At a gamestage of 153 you have 3 waves consisting of 216 zombies each.

This does not mean that 216 zombies are on the screen at the same time. This is determined by your setting. I usually play with 32 zombies concurrent. Default are 8 zombies concurrent.

Everyone has his own opinion. I would prefer a much smoother landscape.

If you really want to have 10-15 FPS then you are welcome.

The animations were recorded using the motion capture process. Unless the Fun Pimps make new recordings, this is rather unlikely.

Here we are in agreement. However, this is an ongoing process.

For a voxel-based game, the game looks great. Better than ever.

Don't forget, Dead Matter uses a static map while the map of 7 Days to is not only random generated but also fully destructible.

Yeah, the Game looks not bad, but does exist a oppertunity, that they make a static map, that you can destroy etc.? A big City like New York where be so cool to discover, with zombies (the walking dead feeling is real xD). Why 10-15 Fps, if they add Trees or grass? The Game "The Forest" have a really nice nature, for example. The grass texture looks really boring, because the look all the same. A point that I thought about is the atmosphere and the sky. If you go to a other Biom, does it change immediately the color of the Sky and atmosphere? I don't think so. I hate the "dead Biom", where all is brown and grey and all looks like a fire world. This is not realistic.

2 minutes ago, Lolcrafter_kl said:

Yeah, the Game looks not bad, but does exist a oppertunity, that they make a static map, that you can destroy etc.?

No, this possibility does not exist.

14 minutes ago, Lolcrafter_kl said:

A big City like New York where be so cool to discover, with zombies (the walking dead feeling is real xD).

Something like this only works with static environments.

17 minutes ago, Lolcrafter_kl said:

Why 10-15 Fps, if they add Trees or grass? The Game "The Forest" have a really nice nature, for example.

The Forrest also uses a static map. With a static map you can use pre-rendered data but in "7 Days to die" everything has to be rendered live. Every tree and every tuft of grass needs additional CPU/GPU power.

21 minutes ago, Lolcrafter_kl said:

A point that I thought about is the atmosphere and the sky. If you go to a other Biom, does it change immediately the color of the Sky and atmosphere? I don't think so.

They are working on making these transitions more fluid but that is a lot of work.

23 minutes ago, Lolcrafter_kl said:

I hate the "dead Biom", where all is brown and grey and all looks like a fire world. This is not realistic.

I don't know what you mean by "dead biome". The burnt forest looks fantastic in A19. The destroyed biome needs some work on but I'm sure the textures of the destroyed stone will be updated.

Archived