If I uninstall 7DTD, do I need to save my character?

Hogweed

I want to reinstall as I have issues on the server i am playing, getting non-stop lags every time I move or do anything (server is working on some issues). It might help, so I want remove as much as possible without losing my character. I looked in the AppData/Roaming folder, there is a "Saves" folder, which has only a small profile file and serveradmin file. Also there is a "Saveslocal" folder with almost 7GB of files, the names of the folders in there are just a jumble of letters/numbers. Can i delete all those files? I really only play online, so I may have an old save game that I don't need. But I don't know what all those files are, or what I should do. I want to clean the game out to reinstall it, and don't want to lose my character.
Appreciate any help!

General tip: Don't delete stuff at first, move the data and test. If the test is successful, then you can delete.

Saveslocal is a cache of your data on the server, you should be able to move/delete it without any problems. Player data in the Saves folder may be important if the server allows you to log in with multiple profiles, so I would keep that (or try first without it and if you start as a new character on the server, copy it back)

There is also other data like configuration stored somewhere else, so using the launcher-tab "tools" to delete the stuff should be more thorough

I'm no expert at this, but I do believe the server will have a folder for all the characters that have entered that world as well.  I've tried to save both the files from the client as well as the server in lieu of not knowing which ones were which.

Archived