Need help to creat new mod

Hello.

Most of my fun in this game are quests. They are assential to me and their rewards as well. Actually TFP spit on my efforts and nerfed very hard, rewards for T5 quests.

How about a Nailgun for cleaned up Dishong Tower? Or maybe 1 antibiotics, or 5 first aid bandages? And how about you play around 30-50 T5 missions and just got a spam of these kinds of rewards along with exploding arrows/bolts, Armor Triple Pocket Mod or 3 Painkillers?

Where are the T3 Quality 5-6 weapons? Where are Auger Quality 5-6? Where are all the good stuff?

Because that problem I started my own mod, but I never developed a mod before and I dont know nothing about XML. I am working just with the force of my hate and learning fast from tutorials where I found here, at forums.

I need some help, I started my mode: Rebalanced Quests Rewards by Biscoitoso

I changed some lines and they worked, but my problem is with quests.xml file. 

<configs> (added by me)
<append xpath="/quests"> (added by me)
<quests max_quest_tier="5" quests_per_tier="10">
</quests>
</append> (added by me)
</configs> (added by me)

When I start new game, the console tell me: Exception: Unrecognized xml element quests.

I have tried this line and it wont worked: <append xpath="/quests/quests max_quest_tier="5" quests_per_tier="10"">

Anyone know how to fix that?

Thank you for the attention.

11 hours ago, Biscoitoso said:

Hello.

Most of my fun in this game are quests. They are assential to me and their rewards as well. Actually TFP spit on my efforts and nerfed very hard, rewards for T5 quests.

How about a Nailgun for cleaned up Dishong Tower? Or maybe 1 antibiotics, or 5 first aid bandages? And how about you play around 30-50 T5 missions and just got a spam of these kinds of rewards along with exploding arrows/bolts, Armor Triple Pocket Mod or 3 Painkillers?

Where are the T3 Quality 5-6 weapons? Where are Auger Quality 5-6? Where are all the good stuff?

Because that problem I started my own mod, but I never developed a mod before and I dont know nothing about XML. I am working just with the force of my hate and learning fast from tutorials where I found here, at forums.

I need some help, I started my mode: Rebalanced Quests Rewards by Biscoitoso

I changed some lines and they worked, but my problem is with quests.xml file. 

<configs> (added by me)
<append xpath="/quests"> (added by me)
<quests max_quest_tier="5" quests_per_tier="10">
</quests>
</append> (added by me)
</configs> (added by me)

When I start new game, the console tell me: Exception: Unrecognized xml element quests.

I have tried this line and it wont worked: <append xpath="/quests/quests max_quest_tier="5" quests_per_tier="10"">

Anyone know how to fix that?

Thank you for the attention.

Hi Biscoitoso

The line you added has two quotes after the number 10:

<append xpath = "/ quests / quests max_quest_tier =" 5 "quests_per_tier =" 10 "">

It should be just one, now that if it doesn't work you can try just leaving it like this:

<append xpath = "/ quests">

You also need to add the type of reward you are looking for.

I hope that helps you.

Archived