Any info on what the properties are for the new a19 file worldglobal.xml?

This is a new file, and it was mentioned in the a19 Dev diary but there's scant documentation about what the values are "for" in the file.

Specifically, I'm interested in the "Equator", "Ground", and "Sky" related properties (there are more than I list below) and what they "mean".  There's a note that the values are for <!-- day, night --> and i could bet that the values can go from 0-1 (like they are in "percents")

Here's some of them from the latest exp build as an example of what I'm requesting info on:

<property name="ambientEquatorScale" value=".7, .65"/>
        <property name="ambientGroundScale" value=".4, .2"/>
        <property name="ambientSkyScale" value=".9, .5"/>
	<property name="ambientInsideEquatorScale" value=".4"/>
	<property name="ambientInsideGroundScale" value=".3"/>
	<property name="ambientInsideSkyScale" value=".6"/>

On 7/25/2020 at 6:45 PM, doughphunghus said:

This is a new file, and it was mentioned in the a19 Dev diary but there's scant documentation about what the values are "for" in the file.

Specifically, I'm interested in the "Equator", "Ground", and "Sky" related properties (there are more than I list below) and what they "mean".  There's a note that the values are for <!-- day, night --> and i could bet that the values can go from 0-1 (like they are in "percents")

Here's some of them from the latest exp build as an example of what I'm requesting info on:

<property name="ambientEquatorScale" value=".7, .65"/>
        <property name="ambientGroundScale" value=".4, .2"/>
        <property name="ambientSkyScale" value=".9, .5"/>

<property name="ambientInsideEquatorScale" value=".4"/>
	<property name="ambientInsideGroundScale" value=".3"/>
	<property name="ambientInsideSkyScale" value=".6"/>

Hi doughphunghus

I think AmbientInside refers to the effect it has when you enter a house or place and it gets dark or there is little lighting, I may be wrong in what I comment, but in my point of view it is what is closest.

Archived