Bug or not, after add news mods in current game where some block become weird

Hello, that'a a very long time I wanted to write about something  I wanted to know if I'm right or wrong...

My tips > Since TFP's Dev remove ID number like for blocks/items, in fact when we add a new mod, we must to rename it by example z001xxx, z002xxx & ect, to be loaded at the last & so the game will ad a ID number for news blocks/items & that will not cause problem in current save game.

I noticed, with a18/a19, a example just to understand, a mod with name folder B_My_Bed who add a new block bed (got some ID like 101) & clothing-Bed (got some ID like 102):

- If I had a new mod like C_My_WC who add a block WC & a item paper-WC, no problem in game, the block got ID 102 & the item ID 103

- But if the mod's name folder was A_My_WC, the game will give ID 101 to this block WC (& so not anymore to the block bed who will got ID 102), the item pape-WC will take ID 102 (& so not  anymore to the item clothing-Bed who will got ID 103! & as I already placed the bed, enter in game, the bed is replaced by the WC & so clothing-Bed by the paper-WC... "o_O"

I hope people can understand what I want to say & so my tips is right or wrong, please???

(Note, single or multi, it's the samething with my friends)

Help me if I misunderstand. You are referring to addressing the Load Order of mods when you add a new one to an existing game? I am also interesting and hearing how others manage their Mod Load Order for 7d2d, because I don't have a clue except how you referred to alphabetizing the mods. Any help forum peeps?

Well, I'm not a expert but by experience, with a existing game a18, sometimes there is a problem if a another mod change the same thing in one previous mod in order name.

Like I do my own little mod (with exemple a folder name mod_10) to change DowngradeBlock Steel to rconcrete/concrete/riron/iron/rcobble/cobble/rwood/wood.

But if I add a new mod how do the samething except without rcobble/cobble/rwood/wood:

- If the new mod's folder name is mod_11, that will overwrite on my mod

- If the new mod's folder name is mod_09, my mod will be safe

For any block, that will be the same & in game it's like I said in my first post.

If you have a mod NewBlock_10 to add a TV & you add after a mod NewBlock_09 to add a bed, in game all your TV placed will become a bed or something weird...

& if there is not enought place for the bed, your game will be maybe crash & so +/-50% chances to enter in game, if not the console will appears with infinite red messages...

A another problem, this time if it's a mod add a new blocks/items where previous mod don't have it but the news mod got a name to be load in first, the probleme will be the same like I said just before...

So now, when I add a new mod, I always change the name to be load in last & all my personnal mod is named z0?? to load in the last & so can overwrite other mod if they do someting like my mods...

But one of my friend said seem like there is not problem with a19 exp but I don't know if it's right because I don't play it...

31 minutes ago, Life_For_Dead said:

Well, I'm not a expert but by experience, with a existing game a18, sometimes there is a problem if a another mod change the same thing in one previous mod in order name.

Like I do my own little mod (with exemple a folder name mod_10) to change DowngradeBlock Steel to rconcrete/concrete/riron/iron/rcobble/cobble/rwood/wood.

But if I add a new mod how do the samething except without rcobble/cobble/rwood/wood:

- If the new mod's folder name is mod_11, that will overwrite on my mod

- If the new mod's folder name is mod_09, my mod will be safe

For any block, that will be the same & in game it's like I said in my first post.

If you have a mod NewBlock_10 to add a TV & you add after a mod NewBlock_09 to add a bed, in game all your TV placed will become a bed or something weird...

& if there is not enought place for the bed, your game will be maybe crash & so +/-50% chances to enter in game, if not the console will appears with infinite red messages...

A another problem, this time if it's a mod add a new blocks/items where previous mod don't have it but the news mod got a name to be load in first, the probleme will be the same like I said just before...

So now, when I add a new mod, I always change the name to be load in last & all my personnal mod is named z0?? to load in the last & so can overwrite other mod if they do someting like my mods...

But one of my friend said seem like there is not problem with a19 exp but I don't know if it's right because I don't play it...

Hi Life_For_Dead

Each mod loads in alphabetical order, if you have mods that have a name with an example number: mod 0-creature packs, it will load this first and then the others in alphabetical order.
Now, if you make a mod with certain things that another mod that you already have installed does, yours will overwrite them or it may cause conflict, better leave your mod and uninstall the other one or viceversa.

Archived