Using Vulkan drivers

G2manT

Has anyone had any luck using the Vulkan drivers?

My game will load using them up until the point where you see the tips that you can left/right click through but it never loads into my game. Then I have to hit my reset button on my pc to get out of that screen. I can't alt-tab or control/alt/delete to get out of it. 

I try those drivers from time to time to see how they're doing. Using A18 it did the best I think, I'd usually get 60fps using DX11 but I switched to the Vulkan drivers and I was running at 160-170fps (A18) but it would lock up from 3-20 minutes and I'd have alt-tab out of it.

Now with A19exp I can't even load into the game so I was wondering if anyone has had any luck using them so far? 

Yeah I know but it kept getting better and better as time went on. My framerate was almost triple what I get from DirectX11 but it would always lockup after 3-20 minutes. A19 though I can't even get into the game with Vulkan, why I always use DirectX with the game. I was just checking it to see if anymore progress had been made with A19.

I love the game anyway-right at 10k hours in it. 

• 2 months later...

Yeah I can relate to this. I am running on Linux, and using GLCore gets me around 70-90fps whereas Vulkan will average me from 100-120fps, BUT I get these weird frame skips every few seconds even though my framerate doesn't visibly drop. Freezing also seems to happen after any sort of extended amount of time playing while on the Vulkan API. Also noticed very high VRAM allocation (don't know the actual usage) around 7GB. I have an Nvidia GTX 1080, a Ryzen R5 3600 and 16GB of 3000MHZ RAM just for reference, and my Nvidia video driver version is 450.66. I have heard of better experiences with AMD cards.

Archived