Console Appreciation

hanso

I signed up specifically to show my appreciation for the console versions.  I bought the Xbox version a couple of years ago and had a blast.  Yes, the memory bug issue got me a few times, but I was able to prevent it wiping my data each time.  I recently bought PS4 version when it went on sale and have put a ton of hours into it.

Between both consoles, I would say that I have hundreds of hours in this game.  It is one of my top 5 games of all time.  The concept is relaxing to me after a day's work.  Could it be better on the consoles?  Sure it could but I fully understand the issues behind the game.  I do not believe the issues to be TFP's fault, nor do I really care.  I am just grateful that the game is still on consoles.  I know that I am in the minority here, but I really appreciate this game.  

I also bought the PC version last week and have yet to really play it.  I don't mind supporting this game as it provides so much fun for me.  

Your not the minority my friend. In fact, people are so passionate about this game on both sides, console & PC. 

Unfortunately us console gamers kinda got the shaft when telltale tanked but I'm still thankful for them for going after this game. Otherwise I would never had heard of it. 

I'm a console gamer & always will be. The PC version is awesome though, you're gonna love it. 

Some people are just super pissed about the console version & that's totally their right. Again, they are obviously just super passionate about the game, as are we, and only wanted the best out of it & for it. 

Happy slaying brother!!

• 3 weeks later...

There isn't anywhere near enough of this kinda thing on these forums.  

I - like many others - found this game watching content creators on Youtube.  I am pretty sure it was Neebs gaming that first introduced me to this game, but it was Glock9, Capp00 and JaWoodle videos that made me want to start playing it. This was about 2 years ago now.  After Googling the game, it took all of about 30 seconds for me to see the issue that was happening with the console version of the game.  I read on for a few more minutes and saw that it was likely that the game in the console format was not going to have future updates; and this was later confirmed by TFP in a Reddit post.  Of course I was disappointed, because I prefer gaming on the console to the PC. This is because I work from home, and my PC is where I spend most of my daytime hours, so when I’m not working, I don’t want to be at my desk…. I bought the PC version of the game anyway - of course - and have had a lot of fun playing it.  

A few months ago I noticed the game went on sale on the PS network for $10 and I couldn’t resist. I went from playing A18 to this ‘old version’ and for the first few minutes I was thinking ‘well, this is kinda lame’. I kept on playing though - because why not - and by the end of the second hour/day, I had become fascinated.  I couldn’t get enough of it! It was familiar, but also so different. I really like the way progression works on the console version and honestly prefer that to the current progression system from Alpha 17/18(haven’t moved on to 19 as of yet). Sure, I would like to see radiated zombies and motorcycles or have a junk turret but, not having any of that doesn’t take away from the gameplay at all.  I have put around 500 hours into this in the last few months, and have barely played 20 hours on the PC in the same time span. 

Sorry for such a long post.  I just get so tired of coming to forums trying to find useful information, and the only thing I ever see is people complaining about the game not being finished or not getting updated, and I don't get it… Enough already!!  We all know that TFP will not be updating this for the PS4/Xbox so let’s just move on.  Should they decide to release this on the PS5 once the game has gone gold, I am sure I will buy it as soon as it hits the PS store. In the meantime, I will continue to play this as is until I am sick of it. This is easily one of the best games I have on my PS4 library.  

In all of this, I completely forgot what I was coming to the forums to find...

Archived