Disable nighttime "musick"?

Tourist

I have the ingame musick turned all the way down and during the day, it's fine.  I can hear the birds, the wind... the zombies.   But at night, when i'm trying to listen to what's going on around me, there's the intermittent wailing and short musick bursts.  Is there a way to disable that?  I need to hear what's around me, not random source-less musick.

10 hours ago, Tourist said:

I have the ingame musick turned all the way down and during the day, it's fine.  I can hear the birds, the wind... the zombies.   But at night, when i'm trying to listen to what's going on around me, there's the intermittent wailing and short musick bursts.  Is there a way to disable that?  I need to hear what's around me, not random source-less musick.

You can, but it'll take a 3rd party program to do it. I'm guessing the devs and mods are ok with this since the directions are on this forum and never got locked. My guess would be that the file SickPuppy (the OP) created might not work since this was from over 2 years ago, but that's just a guess. There are directions to do it manually, but as the OP in the link states, this may make it impossible to play multiplayer with cheat detection and stuff. Just dont forget to make a backup before modifying.

I did it manually after playing A19 for a few in game days, so the manual directions are still accurate. The only different thing I had to do was when I went to save the modified file I needed to give it a unique name, remove the original (I had a backup in another folder), then rename the one I created to the original name.

Archived