Make Admin placed containers spawn loot

Puschpa

Some days ago a douchebag on my server decided to destroy the whole vault of the World Trade Center (custom prefab). All wall safes except 2 in the outer corners and lots of iron wall blocks has vanished. I was able to repair/replace the missing blocks and wall safes, but since even the ones placed from the creative menu count as "player placed", they don't respawn any loot now. I remember a post a while ago, how to make player created/placed containers to respawn loot, I think it was by removing the destroy event. But I don't get it to work. Any help with this?

You need to do it in a two-step process. You create object A and have it downgrade to Object B when it destroys.

<block id="1330" name="supplyCrateWorkingStiffs">
   <property name="Material" value="wood" />
   <property name="Texture" value="423" />
   <drop event="Destroy" count="0" />
   <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="lootCrateWorkingStiffs" />
 </block>

<block id="1331" name="lootCrateWorkingStiffs">
   <property name="Class" value="Loot" />
   <property name="LootList" value="53" />
   <property name="Texture" value="431" />
 </block>

In this example when the first crate is broken it will be replaced by the second crate which contains loot table 53.

Some days ago a douchebag on my server decided to destroy the whole vault of the World Trade Center (custom prefab). All wall safes except 2 in the outer corners and lots of iron wall blocks has vanished.

Roflmao, some douche bag??? They made the game intended to be that way, anything and everything can be destroyed. LoL, if ya do not like it then make it a rule where people can not destroy pre-fab buildings.

But really, the guy isn't a douche for it. A lot of people destroy loot containers in popular areas so people can not get good loot (if you are ahead), or they do it so people do not come in the area cause their base might be nearby.

no offense, but think before you speak as there is no reason to call someone a douche for doing what is logical.

Roflmao, some douche bag??? They made the game intended to be that way, anything and everything can be destroyed. LoL, if ya do not like it then make it a rule where people can not destroy pre-fab buildings.

But really, the guy isn't a douche for it. A lot of people destroy loot containers in popular areas so people can not get good loot (if you are ahead), or they do it so people do not come in the area cause their base might be nearby.

no offense, but think before you speak as there is no reason to call someone a douche for doing what is logical.

Maybe you should have gathered some background informations, before making comments without knowing the facts. There are of course very strict rules on my (PvE) server, that forbid e.g. camping in and destruction of those buildings.

And since he violated this server rules, he was of course a douche bag. I hope, you will never visit my server, because I'm sure, with your attitude you would turn out to be a douche bag too, by not reading and/or violating the server rules, which I want to spare my community ;)

• 2 years later...

New admin looking for help

You need to do it in a two-step process. You create object A and have it downgrade to Object B when it destroys.

<block id="1330" name="supplyCrateWorkingStiffs">
   <property name="Texture" value="423" />
   <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="lootCrateWorkingStiffs" />
 </block>

<block id="1331" name="lootCrateWorkingStiffs">
   <property name="Class" value="Loot" />
   <property name="LootList" value="53" />
   <property name="Texture" value="431" />
 </block>

In this example when the first crate is broken it will be replaced by the second crate which contains loot table 53.

I am a new mod in a server an we request for people not to destroy items in places like book stores or high tier lootable buildings but unfortunately someone has done so. they pretty much destroyed the entire building. If i rebuild the building back to what it looks like will this code work on the book shelves or can i just place one from the creativemenu and it respawn loot? thank you.

Archived