Copied World, Spawn In Radiation?

ChocoTacoBoss

Hello First Post here,

So I'm on PC, on latest stable version, and I've successfully copied an offline world with players, to a new dedicated server. Cool! All preFabs and buildings with inventory is exactly how it was in the offline world EXCEPT when i load into my camp in the new server, I'm in a radiation zone (which means I'm outside the map boundaries from my understanding).

Obviously I'm not outside the map, I'm in my precious camp with all my sweet stuff i love so much. So, I've narrowed this problem down to these lines:

<property name="GameWorld" value="Navezgane"/>

<property name="WorldGenSeed" value="asdf"/>

<property name="WorldGenSize" value="4096"/>

<property name="GameName" value="My Game"/>

I've copied the EXACT serverconfig.xml from the original game to the new server. I've tried changing everything.

The only thing that "works" is changing "WorldGenSize" (which takes away the radiation, but also creates a new RWG world, thus defeating the purpose).

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, how do i keep my old world without the radiation?

No logs, no help 😉. Please read the sticky threads how to post logs. In your case a log from the old offline world and the new server log would be usefull. Otherwise we are just wasting time guessing all the various ways you could have messed up.

Imho the serverconfig.xml is not used when you play singleplayer. So copying your (default) serverconfig.xml to the server won't help.

You need to put the exakt same settings that you used in your singleplayer game to the serverconfig.xml, especially the seed and the worldsize. If you're singelplayer was a 8K map and you start the serverconfig with 4096, 3/4 of your existing map will be outside the allowed zone. Gameworld needs to be the folder name of your existing map data. If you change this to a not existing world, a new world will be generated.

Also if the seed doesn't exactly match the seed from your singleplayer every chunk you haven't explored yet (means that there is actually generated world data in your worldfolder) will be generated with a different seed, and that will cause really ugly breaks in the landscape.

Archived