Difficulty levels

Rohan656

I understand the damage ratio both taken and given to zombies is altered, but are there other differences?

I cranked up the difficulty last night and got totally owned. 

It feels like zombies can detect you from a much farther distance, and seem to be more sensitive to sounds and the heat map.

E.g. found an isolated house in the forest, cleared the surrounding area with much difficulty, when i used my fire torch to explore the house I had 5 more attack the house. I dont know where they came from. Im sure there were none in visual range 

Those were likely just from a wandering horde. Wandering hordes are random events spawned for your entertainment 😉. It doesn't take very long for them to reach you as they start from the edge of the simulated part of the world that surrounds you and walk in the general direction of your location. All the far away areas you can see in the distance are not really loaded in and are empty at the moment. You really are the center of the universe in this game 😉

You should always expect that zombies might disturb you when looting. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 10:13 PM, meganoth said:

Those were likely just from a wandering horde. Wandering hordes are random events spawned for your entertainment 😉. It doesn't take very long for them to reach you as they start from the edge of the simulated part of the world that surrounds you and walk in the general direction of your location. All the far away areas you can see in the distance are not really loaded in and are empty at the moment. You really are the center of the universe in this game 😉

You should always expect that zombies might disturb you when looting. 

This is very true I've had a wandering horde spawn in such a way part of it spawned directly into my trench and the other part was in my base, it's a quick clean up job once they're in my base since I can split the herd a bit and take them piece by piece.

3 hours ago, apollos said:

The wandering horde are really frustrating but it's part of the game experience

I reccomend pits, nothing special 3 blocks deep with spikes at the bottom, players choice of spikes, make a few of those small 1/4 blocks for around the edge and itll keep spiders in it. 

Archived