Dead zeds = terrain

GuyFleegman

Despawning zeds could have, say, a 1/4 chance to place a block of gore as they despawn.  Not the old generic lootable corpse of previous alphas, this gore would function like dirt and require players to adapt their horde defense plans as spike pits and chokepoints literally overflow and ramps build to their tower tops. 

It could also possibly apply a speed debuff to players and/or zeds that touch it, or enrage zeds, or do whatever, and could be set to decay so that players don't necessarily have to spend the next morning digging everything out.  I'd expect it to be a decent source of nitrate at least, but the real point would be to make big fights more dynamic. 

11 hours ago, GuyFleegman said:

Despawning zeds could have, say, a 1/4 chance to place a block of gore as they despawn.  Not the old generic lootable corpse of previous alphas, this gore would function like dirt and require players to adapt their horde defense plans as spike pits and chokepoints literally overflow and ramps build to their tower tops. 

It could also possibly apply a speed debuff to players and/or zeds that touch it, or enrage zeds, or do whatever, and could be set to decay so that players don't necessarily have to spend the next morning digging everything out.  I'd expect it to be a decent source of nitrate at least, but the real point would be to make big fights more dynamic. 

You're late with this idea, developers already implemented AND removed this for not meeting their expectations.

1 hour ago, mr.devolver said:

You're late with this idea, developers already implemented AND removed this for not meeting their expectations.

*sad trombone*

From what I'm finding though, the problems were lag and loss of loot when piles would collapse.  Now that loot comes from dropped bags instead of the bodies themselves those problems should be much less than they had been. 

Archived